Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-18-2010, 02:58 AM

Okay, another "sports" related one (sorta). My freshman year in highschool, before school started, they made all the athletes come in for a little physical. This was everyone--football, track, volleyball, etc... So we all had to pee in cups and stand in line waiting to see the nurse to give her our sample and paperwork. My best friend was standing in front of me and I noticed her paperwork and realized I didn't have mine in the correct order. So I start to sort out my papers not realizing that my cup was tilting over. Did I forget to mention these cups did not have lids. Uh, huh, and it just so happens I was standing next to the chair the nurse had her sweater draped over. But, hey, at least she wasn't in the chair.

I can laugh about it now, but at the time (remember I was a freshman) I was mortified.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Hmmm, for some reason I thought that your embarrassing story would involve 'Dancing with the Stars' and Matt's blog.
Oh...that. Thanks for reminding me, Nathan!

I can still remember that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when I got your post. But I'm ready for you two this year.

Btw Mr. Rosario, don't you have a story to tell, if I remember (and I do). That's right it was called "A Nate Story". Now that you have "experience", Nate, Katelyn should be a breeze.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:09 AM
Stump Rules!

Every time my eye catches the name of this thread I start LOL thinking about Dave

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-18-2010, 04:42 AM

I know.

I've gone to the "wrong" car before in a parking lot, getting more and more frustrated that my key wouldn't work before finally realizing why. The last time I did that I was trying to open the trunk to put my groceries in and set the alarm off. I realized it wasn't my car and hotfooted it out of there.

But, I don't have anything that's gonna top Dave's.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:54 AM
TENNESSEAN

Don't feel alone dave, Last week I was in a few different rental cars. I park outside a store next to the buggy cage. Being very busy and not really paying attention to exactly what type of car I was driving. I came out of the store went to the buggy cage jumped in a car and tried to start it. My key wouldn't work I turned the key over and was going to try again when a lady knocked on the window and said sir this isn't your car. When I looked up at her I saw my rental on the other side of the buggy cage. There where several people there to make sure I wasn't trying to steal her car. They all got a big laugh out of it.

I was sending ben a text while walking to the car so I blame him for my mistake.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
Don't feel alone dave, Last week I was in a few different rental cars. I park outside a store next to the buggy cage. Being very busy and not really paying attention to exactly what type of car I was driving. I came out of the store went to the buggy cage jumped in a car and tried to start it. My key wouldn't work I turned the key over and was going to try again when a lady knocked on the window and said sir this isn't your car. When I looked up at her I saw my rental on the other side of the buggy cage. There where several people there to make sure I wasn't trying to steal her car. They all got a big laugh out of it.

I was sending ben a text while walking to the car so I blame him for my mistake.
Its an easy mistake to make if you arent paying attention or there is another car that looks just like yours.

Lets just say when my Father did pull up...I wasnt that quick to get in before I checked it was him
Old 01-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Stump Rules!

A new day to LOL over this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
So it was dark and just before Christmas, and I was standing outside my flat waiting for my Father to arrive. He was coming to pick me up to go somewhere, could have been to my Sisters in Leeds....I forget.

Anyway, the noise of his engine is quite distinctive, and I see his blue care pulling up slowly down the road, it pulls up next to where I am standing. So I reach out, open the door, jump in..and then I wonder why I cant find the seatbelt thing

then it strikes me...this is NOT my Fathers car... so I turned to the guy who had stopped mid undoing his seatbelt, and I say cheerfully..."oh..you're not my Father are you" and get out of his car before he can say anything

I then run back into my house and wait for a few moments, before coming back out and waiting, once again for my Father to arrive

Old 01-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Hughes fanboy

That is funny Dave

Mine was similar, but not as.

Mine was I got into a car, put my dog in the backseat, put the key into the ignition, it wouldn't fit. Then I noticed that the front seat looked different and I sat there thinking "when did I put a cb radio in here?"....then it hit that it wasn't my car.

Felt kind of bad for the owner - hope he wasn't allergic to dogs.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-08-2010, 02:23 PM
CAMPO

I think it depends on who you're with.

...I have had some semi-embarrassing moments...but then there was this one night, that my good friend had to fill in the details for me, my memory of everything that happened was totally lost....ummm, never more embarrassed in my ENTIRE LIFE! But I just laugh about it now...and will never forget, well...LOL
Old 02-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Stump Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Share a few with your Forum Family.

I shall start.

So it was dark and just before Christmas, and I was standing outside my flat waiting for my Father to arrive. He was coming to pick me up to go somewhere, could have been to my Sisters in Leeds....I forget.

Anyway, the noise of his engine is quite distinctive, and I see his blue care pulling up slowly down the road, it pulls up next to where I am standing. So I reach out, open the door, jump in..and then I wonder why I cant find the seatbelt thing

then it strikes me...this is NOT my Fathers car... so I turned to the guy who had stopped mid undoing his seatbelt, and I say cheerfully..."oh..you're not my Father are you" and get out of his car before he can say anything

I then run back into my house and wait for a few moments, before coming back out and waiting, once again for my Father to arrive