Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 03-27-2010, 05:19 AM
Chuck

Funny this thread looks somehow different then the last time I saw it... it just.... I don't know.... feels like something is missing.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

That was bad bro... really bad!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:00 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Funny this thread looks somehow different then the last time I saw it... it just.... I don't know.... feels like something is missing.

I have NO idea what you are talking about...
Old 03-27-2010, 07:03 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

That was bad bro... really bad!
What?

That was the GOOD one!

Actually, what's funny about that song is that Rampage actually used it as an entrance for a few fights.

Now, that you heard the GOOD one, here's the BEST one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWIqZKhNY90
Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 PM

Hopkins wins now but hes never gonna convince anyone he was the better fighter when they were in there primes... He has an argument for going down as the better fighter in the history book though cus of his longevity.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:32 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Hopkins wins now but hes never gonna convince anyone he was the better fighter when they were in there primes... He has an argument for going down as the better fighter in the history book though cus of his longevity.
I agree that Roy is most definitely the better fighter in their prime, and he may be the better fighter this Saturday...

The Kelly Pavlik and Antonio Tarver wins were big for Hopkins, but this fight with Roy will definitely put some closure on the debate between some of the fans. For me, Roy has the more impressive resume and storied career regardless of what happens on Saturday. Everybody already agrees that they are past their time at this point, and even if Bernard beats Roy, he can never erase the beating Roy gave him in 1993.

Hopkins longevity is not really surprising when you look at it. Since 2006 his rate of fights has dropped down, which is to be expected, but when you are comparing his career to Roy's, you need to remember that Roy started boxing at an amateur level when he was 15 years old and he had 134 fights, of which he won 121. Also, Roy was robbed at the Olympic games in 1988, one year before starting his pro career.

Bernard went straight to the pro level when he was 23 in 1988 and he lost his very first fight. He didn't fight again until 1990, and then did not lose again until he met Roy in 93. Now, I am not gonna take anything Bernard has accomplished away from him, not at all. I think he is definitely a Hall of Famer with a strong argument for All Time Great. However I will admit I am a huge Roy Jones fan, and I will always be partial to Jones in the debate over who has the better legacy.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:15 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
that's the only reason i don't like this fight ... RJJ is one of the greatest ever, if not the greatest ever ... and i know his last outing may tarnish his career to some .. but you can bet that bhop will be saying, how can you rank rjj above me .. we are 1-1
Old 04-01-2010, 01:09 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
that's the only reason i don't like this fight ... RJJ is one of the greatest ever, if not the greatest ever ... and i know his last outing may tarnish his career to some .. but you can bet that bhop will be saying, how can you rank rjj above me .. we are 1-1
The Danny Green fight was a fluke and even B-Head has said that was BS.

Roy will ALWAYS be All Time Great in my book!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
rearnakedchoke

yeah, RJJ will always be my boy .. but call me a wimp or whatever, i just like remembering these guys in their hey days ...
Old 04-01-2010, 09:09 PM

ive heard Hopkins wants the winner of the david haye/ John Ruiz fight this weekend at hw after he beats jones lmfao. Hes upsest with proving hes better then RJJ