Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-14-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No...but a disastor non the less...and something on the scale of a natural disastor in turms of damage, loss of life AND the ability to put it down to some cause and effect relationship with GODs Wrath
That was my thought too, when the Islamists said we "deserved" it because of our infidel ways.

When someone makes a statement like that about Haiti, it just gives the left more ammunition to attack Christianity.

The death toll could be as high as 300,000. Thank heavens for US aid, my prayers are with the victims and their families. I hope those waiting for rescue can hang on a little longer.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Either that or a tectonic plate slipped or something.
Q.E.D.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:04 AM
County Mike

There's a BIG difference between a terrorist attack and a natural disaster. It takes men to create a terrorist attack. No men are involved in causing a natural disaster.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
You won't find a scripture about God, the weather and Haiti in the Bible so if you remove opinions from your threads... it might be a pretty short discussion.
Yea, three pages later you were right
But back to my point, waitasec, have you heard of Korah's rebellion, when God used an earthquake to take out Korah and a band of rebels? It has happened.

I think God does allow for bad things to happen to wake up people. Sometimes its the only answer.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-14-2010, 02:57 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I don't think every person in Haiti practices voodoo. That's just plain ignorant IMHO...
There are Christians on Haiti, what are you on about? Lots of voodoo too though, demonic spirits am I false to assert this?

Old 01-14-2010, 03:00 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I think God saw all the Haitians dealing drugs in Grand Theft Auto Vice City and punished them all for it. Either that or a tectonic plate slipped or something.
Joking aside, do you feel God's Hand was in it (yes, or no would be great).

Last edited by Vizion; 01-14-2010 at 03:04 AM. Reason: I had to cut some stuff out that would have been interpretted as rude, probably ;)
Old 01-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I had a similar thought myself. When a place becomes so overridden with crime that nowhere at all is safe, the only option is a clean sweep. I do understand that some innocent children, etc. will be victims but some areas are really THAT bad.

Christians were persecuted in southern Asia, another crime-ridden area. They got hit by a Tsunami.
Crime ran rampant in New Orleans - Hurricane Katrina.
I'm sure there are many more examples and now Haiti.

It at least makes you think.
Very nice. I have to agree here. God held back on Sodom and Gamorrah for a time because there were still righteous left...then he brought his holy wrath upon them. In cases like these even the righteous may have to suffer. God's Grace is sufficent for all, despite our physical suffering. Paul's affliction was never taken away, yet the Lord delivered gentiles from theirs at times.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Chris F

The bible is pretty clear. Satan is the prince of the air and because of sin allowed to manipulate the world. So God allowed this to happen but in no way caused it. Scripture proof is when Jesus was out on the sea and the storm came and Jesus calmed it Mark 4:35-41. 39 is the key verse here. Jesus rebuked the wind. Had God been the cause of the storm in life why would Jesus rebuke himself (ie God). So man has no place blaming natural disasters on God. It is all Satan's fault
Old 01-14-2010, 03:40 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Yea, three pages later you were right
But back to my point, waitasec, have you heard of Korah's rebellion, when God used an earthquake to take out Korah and a band of rebels? It has happened.

I think God does allow for bad things to happen to wake up people. Sometimes its the only answer.
God opened the earth. It was much more then an Earthquake.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:47 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
No, but those hijackers were the Devil's kin for sure.
Well I believe Dave was implying they may have been sent as judgment on us from God. I would tend to agree moreso with your view of those folks.