Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Hughes fanboy

Default Has God judged Haiti

God makes the weather, and according to the BIBLE He also punishes the Wicked WITH the weather at times. Haiti is a pretty bad place with voodoo and all of that demonic influence there.

What do you all think (scripture verses preferred to opinions/feelings if you are CITING God please).

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-13-2010, 10:28 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
God makes the weather, and according to the BIBLE He also punishes the Wicked WITH the weather at times. Haiti is a pretty bad place with voodoo and all of that demonic influence there.

What do you all think (scripture verses preferred to opinions/feelings if you are CITING God please).
Maybe its an attempt from God to bring everybody together.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Chuck

Quote:

You won't find a scripture about God, the weather and Haiti in the Bible so if you remove opinions from your threads... it might be a pretty short discussion.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
You won't find a scripture about God, the weather and Haiti in the Bible so if you remove opinions from your threads... it might be a pretty short discussion.

Well said!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:43 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I think the only thing that can really be said is that obviously it was God's will.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:10 PM
County Mike

Quote:

I had a similar thought myself. When a place becomes so overridden with crime that nowhere at all is safe, the only option is a clean sweep. I do understand that some innocent children, etc. will be victims but some areas are really THAT bad.

Christians were persecuted in southern Asia, another crime-ridden area. They got hit by a Tsunami.
Crime ran rampant in New Orleans - Hurricane Katrina.
I'm sure there are many more examples and now Haiti.

It at least makes you think.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Miss Foxy

I don't think every person in Haiti practices voodoo. That's just plain ignorant IMHO...
Old 01-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

Well...there are a few interesting things...most noticeably the collapse of the Palace from where I believe the President, or Leader of the Nation lives...the other interesting thing is that on the other side of the Island...virtually no damage in the Dominican Republic...also interesting that the main target has appeared to be the Capital City.

However...I think that Natural Disastors are just part of the decay that comes with living in a fallen world...I think if it were Judgement, then you would have had some decree being issued to the City and the Nation...and that hasnt happened, for me, loud enough to mean this is Judgement...you know it would usually be a Prophet of large Standing, to directly come and and warn the city they must repent or suffer the consequences...if some big Christian did that, like some Huge Evangalist or something, then I would be more inclined to think it was Judgement of some kind.

So...in truth, No I dont think so. I think it was no more a judgement then the Tsunami was on the twelve odd countries it effected...but then I dont believe 9/11 was an act of Judgement either, and ive heard a lot of people say that in some way, both American and non American...I just dont think thats a strategy that is actively employed anymore.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:36 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Well...there are a few interesting things...most noticeably the collapse of the Palace from where I believe the President, or Leader of the Nation lives...the other interesting thing is that on the other side of the Island...virtually no damage in the Dominican Republic...also interesting that the main target has appeared to be the Capital City.

However...I think that Natural Disastors are just part of the decay that comes with living in a fallen world...I think if it were Judgement, then you would have had some decree being issued to the City and the Nation...and that hasnt happened, for me, loud enough to mean this is Judgement...you know it would usually be a Prophet of large Standing, to directly come and and warn the city they must repent or suffer the consequences...if some big Christian did that, like some Huge Evangalist or something, then I would be more inclined to think it was Judgement of some kind.

So...in truth, No I dont think so. I think it was no more a judgement then the Tsunami was on the twelve odd countries it effected...but then I dont believe 9/11 was an act of Judgement either, and ive heard a lot of people say that in some way, both American and non American...I just dont think thats a strategy that is actively employed anymore.
I'm not sure 9/11 would be considered a natural disaster, Dave.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I'm not sure 9/11 would be considered a natural disaster, Dave.
No...but a disastor non the less...and something on the scale of a natural disastor in turms of damage, loss of life AND the ability to put it down to some cause and effect relationship with GODs Wrath