Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default Has God judged Haiti

God makes the weather, and according to the BIBLE He also punishes the Wicked WITH the weather at times. Haiti is a pretty bad place with voodoo and all of that demonic influence there.

What do you all think (scripture verses preferred to opinions/feelings if you are CITING God please).
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2010, 10:28 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
God makes the weather, and according to the BIBLE He also punishes the Wicked WITH the weather at times. Haiti is a pretty bad place with voodoo and all of that demonic influence there.

What do you all think (scripture verses preferred to opinions/feelings if you are CITING God please).
Maybe its an attempt from God to bring everybody together.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
God makes the weather, and according to the BIBLE He also punishes the Wicked WITH the weather at times. Haiti is a pretty bad place with voodoo and all of that demonic influence there.

What do you all think (scripture verses preferred to opinions/feelings if you are CITING God please).
You won't find a scripture about God, the weather and Haiti in the Bible so if you remove opinions from your threads... it might be a pretty short discussion.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
You won't find a scripture about God, the weather and Haiti in the Bible so if you remove opinions from your threads... it might be a pretty short discussion.



Well said!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2010, 10:43 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

I think the only thing that can really be said is that obviously it was God's will.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-13-2010, 11:10 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
God makes the weather, and according to the BIBLE He also punishes the Wicked WITH the weather at times. Haiti is a pretty bad place with voodoo and all of that demonic influence there.

What do you all think (scripture verses preferred to opinions/feelings if you are CITING God please).
I had a similar thought myself. When a place becomes so overridden with crime that nowhere at all is safe, the only option is a clean sweep. I do understand that some innocent children, etc. will be victims but some areas are really THAT bad.

Christians were persecuted in southern Asia, another crime-ridden area. They got hit by a Tsunami.
Crime ran rampant in New Orleans - Hurricane Katrina.
I'm sure there are many more examples and now Haiti.

It at least makes you think.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I don't think every person in Haiti practices voodoo. That's just plain ignorant IMHO...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
God makes the weather, and according to the BIBLE He also punishes the Wicked WITH the weather at times. Haiti is a pretty bad place with voodoo and all of that demonic influence there.

What do you all think (scripture verses preferred to opinions/feelings if you are CITING God please).
Well...there are a few interesting things...most noticeably the collapse of the Palace from where I believe the President, or Leader of the Nation lives...the other interesting thing is that on the other side of the Island...virtually no damage in the Dominican Republic...also interesting that the main target has appeared to be the Capital City.

However...I think that Natural Disastors are just part of the decay that comes with living in a fallen world...I think if it were Judgement, then you would have had some decree being issued to the City and the Nation...and that hasnt happened, for me, loud enough to mean this is Judgement...you know it would usually be a Prophet of large Standing, to directly come and and warn the city they must repent or suffer the consequences...if some big Christian did that, like some Huge Evangalist or something, then I would be more inclined to think it was Judgement of some kind.

So...in truth, No I dont think so. I think it was no more a judgement then the Tsunami was on the twelve odd countries it effected...but then I dont believe 9/11 was an act of Judgement either, and ive heard a lot of people say that in some way, both American and non American...I just dont think thats a strategy that is actively employed anymore.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Well...there are a few interesting things...most noticeably the collapse of the Palace from where I believe the President, or Leader of the Nation lives...the other interesting thing is that on the other side of the Island...virtually no damage in the Dominican Republic...also interesting that the main target has appeared to be the Capital City.

However...I think that Natural Disastors are just part of the decay that comes with living in a fallen world...I think if it were Judgement, then you would have had some decree being issued to the City and the Nation...and that hasnt happened, for me, loud enough to mean this is Judgement...you know it would usually be a Prophet of large Standing, to directly come and and warn the city they must repent or suffer the consequences...if some big Christian did that, like some Huge Evangalist or something, then I would be more inclined to think it was Judgement of some kind.

So...in truth, No I dont think so. I think it was no more a judgement then the Tsunami was on the twelve odd countries it effected...but then I dont believe 9/11 was an act of Judgement either, and ive heard a lot of people say that in some way, both American and non American...I just dont think thats a strategy that is actively employed anymore.
I'm not sure 9/11 would be considered a natural disaster, Dave.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I'm not sure 9/11 would be considered a natural disaster, Dave.
No...but a disastor non the less...and something on the scale of a natural disastor in turms of damage, loss of life AND the ability to put it down to some cause and effect relationship with GODs Wrath
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.