Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Default BLOG: UFC Ultimate 100

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
The girls are doing fine (Audra and Katelyn). Katelyn is sleeping 4-5 hours between feedings now and to be honest I would say that she's a very content baby. She likes to have her eyes open and look around. So all is well on the home front.

Started my training for my next fight and one thing I realized is that the older you get, the more time you need to take to prepare. Doing a lot of lifting, plyos, stretching, and technique; but I'm not going crazy, I'm kind of easing myself into it. Robbie's next fight for Showtime (January 30th) will be the next time I'm around Pena, so the week of Robbie's fight will be a good one for me. It was asked on my forum where I'll be doing most of my training for this fight. Most of it will be at the HIT Squad, but a lot will be out in Utah. That's where Matt Pena's at now and I also believe they've got some of the best grapplers out there with Demarques Johnson and Jeremy Horn. Jeremy's my ground wizard and I'll let him help me out getting ready for this fight.

I was over at my in-laws last night and they had the TV channel set to Spike and they were watching the UFC's Ultimate 100. It was interesting to see how many fights of mine made the show. To be honest, I think more of my losses made it onto the show than my wins. Still scratching my head on that and don't know exactly how to take it. I guess win or lose people like my fights.

Received an interesting email that I thought I would share with you:
Quote:
Man Builds Noah's Ark (exact scale given in Bible)

Working Replica of Noah's Ark Opened In Schagen, Netherlands

The massive central door in the side of Noah's Ark was opened the first crowd of curious townsfolk to behold the wonder. Of course, it's only a replica of the Biblical Ark , built by Dutch Creationist Johan Huibers as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible.

The ark is 150 cubits long, 30 cubits high and 20 cubits wide. That's two-thirds the length of a football field and as high as a three-story house.

Life-size models of giraffes, elephants, lions, crocodiles, zebras, bison and other animals greet visitors as they arrive in the main hold.

A contractor by trade, Huibers built the ark of cedar and pine. Biblical Scholars debate exactly what the wood used by Noah would have been.

Huibers did the work mostly with his own hands, using modern tools and with occasional help from his son Roy. Construction began in May 2005. On the uncovered top - deck not quite ready in time for the opening - will come a petting zoo, with baby lambs and chickens, and goats, and one camel.

Visitors on the first day were stunned. "It's past comprehension", said Mary Louise Starosciak, who happened to be bicycling by with her husband while on vacation when they saw the ark looming over the local landscape.

"I knew the story of Noah, but I had no idea the boat would have been so big." There is enough space near the keel for a 50-seat film theater where kids can watch a video that tells the story of Noah and his ark. Huibers, a Christian man, said he hopes the project will renew interest in Christianity in the Netherlands , where church going has fallen dramatically in the past 50 years.

Finally, the Bible verse for this week:
Quote:
Wealth and honor come from you, O LORD; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. (1 Chronicles 29:12)
-matt
Old 01-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Stump Rules!

I'm watching the same thing on Spike right now.You just beat up Gracie

I wonder what it costs that man to build the ark.Looks like a lot and I can't help but to think "wow, what a waste of money".Is he opening it as a business?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-13-2010, 02:44 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Even the few times you have lost.. those were great fights!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:40 AM

Glad to here everything is going good Matt!
I think the reason those losses made it on there was because it was a huge feat for your opponents to win. Those fights stick out in our minds because they're rare.
That Ark is amazing!
MHR did you read the article? it's pretty much a museum.

Glad to hear from ya, Matt and I look forward to hearing more about training, and how the family is doing.
Take care

[
Old 01-13-2010, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Matt Hughes fights are the greatest fights in UFC history. I think I memorized everyone while in Afghanistan. I had them on my ITOUCH. Even two I think from King of the Cage. I guess your losses are considered great because they only happen once or twice every 5 or so years. It's like seeing a unicorn.

"oh my God .. did I just ... did that just happen!!"

When THE MOST DOMINATE WW IN THE HISTORY OF MMA has a bad night, its greatness for some lucky bastard who just happened to be on the other side of the cage.

Really glad to hear everything is good at home!!
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:44 AM
Stump Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Matt Hughes fights are the greatest fights in UFC history. I think I memorized everyone while in Afghanistan. I had them on my ITOUCH. Even two I think from King of the Cage. I guess your losses are considered great because they only happen once or twice every 5 or so years. It's like seeing a unicorn.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
It's like seeing a unicorn.

"oh my God .. did I just ... did that just happen!!"

I haven't seen (many) unicorns but that was pretty much the reaction I had too

[
Old 01-13-2010, 03:49 AM
Silverback

Win or lose Matt you put on a good fight, glad everything is going good at home with everyone and the wee one, good luck with the next fight.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Stump Rules!

Matt, can we get some more baby pics? You know how us girls are...

Old 01-13-2010, 04:54 AM
3dlee

I think the losses made it on the show because they involved current champions. Other than Thiago Alves and Dennis Hallman, your only other UFC losses are to current champions right? That and you're the only man to beat Royce Gracie in the Octagon, have more titles than any other ufc fighter, tied for most wins in ufc, I'd have to say you're the most dominant fighter, not only ww, in MMA history. War Hughes!!! And thanks for answering my question in the blog, Im honored Great to hear you have house full of health and happiness. I think 2010 will be a year of blessings for you and your fam, Mr. Hughes.