Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
I have a teenage daughter who will be 15 in a couple of months. A boy at school has asked her to be his girlfriend. This will be Danni's first serious boyfriend. Shes liked this kid for a couple of years now. I know the kid(thank God I live in a small town) and know his family very well. Good family. Anyway, shes not asking to date but to let the boy hang out with us when we go out and do family stuff like putt putt or bowling or movies. My question is......... do you think shes too young for this? What do you think????? I need input, Im on unfamilar ground!
I personally don't think she is too young. I am sure you have raised her with good morals and if she lets her wings flap a little just have faith in her that she will make the right choices. If she does not thats human nature. I think it is a good idea to keep them busy around you and your family. Good luck
Old 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM
DonnaMaria

I feel for you! I have two girls. The oldest is 13. She wanted to have a boyfriend and I told her "Well you can have a boyfriend as long as there is no touching, kissing, texting after 9:00, no dates by yourselves and no unsupervised visits!"

so she HAD a boyfriend.........for about 3 days!

Then she decided that there really was no point to it........so she "broke up" with him.

If you do let her have a boyfriend just remember these words that an 8th grade teacher friend told me when I was chaperoning my first middle school dance.......

"Never, EVER let them be alone together!!!! Never! Ever!!!!!"

Old 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I personally don't think she is too young. I am sure you have raised her with good morals and if she lets her wings flap a little just have faith in her that she will make the right choices. If she does not thats human nature. I think it is a good idea to keep them busy around you and your family. Good luck
in other words ... KILL THE BOY!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Shoots like a girl

Ah, and then the ladies chime in and they are totally objective! Thank you ladies. These are my thoughts too. My daughter is thoughtful enough of me to ask to date this boy WITH the family! She hasnt asked for alone dates, Im sure she already knows the answer to this one!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Shoots like a girl

[QUOTE=DonnaMaria;93055]I feel for you! I have two girls. The oldest is 13. She wanted to have a boyfriend and I told her "Well you can have a boyfriend as long as there is no touching, kissing, texting after 9:00, no dates by yourselves and no unsupervised visits!"

Then she decided that there really was no point to it........so she "broke up" with him.

QUOTE]

I could only be so lucky!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Thanks, I have tried to raise her with good morals. And shes really a good kid.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:15 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I feel for you! I have two girls. The oldest is 13. She wanted to have a boyfriend and I told her "Well you can have a boyfriend as long as there is no touching, kissing, texting after 9:00, no dates by yourselves and no unsupervised visits!"

If you do let her have a boyfriend just remember these words that an 8th grade teacher friend told me when I was chaperoning my first middle school dance.......

"Never, EVER let them be alone together!!!! Never! Ever!!!!!"

O man, I thought you were goin to go with the clasic "Leave room for Jesus!"
Old 01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Mac

Invite him over . and in this order

Show him your gun collection .

Tell him about all the old abandoned wells on the property

Explain to him that he needs to watch his step around the "property" because he may just wind up in a well.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Mac

Glad i had Boys. I cant wait for the first time some gals dad shows Boone or Hank his gun collection and starts on . I want to hear one of em say " you call that a rifle ? the one behind the seat in my truck is twice that size."
Old 01-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Glad i had Boys. I cant wait for the first time some gals dad shows Boone or Hank his gun collection and starts on . I want to hear one of em say " you call that a rifle ? the one behind the seat in my truck is twice that size."
Mac~ Dont forget that shes a hunter too, she has her own weapons. My husband says when the time comes he will tell the boy that shes an excellent marksman and then ask him where he thinks she got it from. LOL, Hes had almost 15 years to think this over. Its just convincing him that the time HAS come!