Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Black Mamba

I can't give any advice either, seeing that I have never gone on date. At 15 and my entire high school career, I was concentrating on my studies.

But I will say that it's important to get to know the guy and make sure he has good intentions. I hope he's not going to use her for one thing and one thing only. Just because he comes from a good family don't mean nothing. Maybe I'm just the suspicious type.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Stump Rules!

I agree with Mike.Just bury the SOB now...get it over with.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-12-2010, 06:04 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

On behalf of all young males here, just let me say this in our defense:

THE TESTOSTERONE MADE US DO IT!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
I have a teenage daughter who will be 15 in a couple of months. A boy at school has asked her to be his girlfriend. This will be Danni's first serious boyfriend. Shes liked this kid for a couple of years now. I know the kid(thank God I live in a small town) and know his family very well. Good family. Anyway, shes not asking to date but to let the boy hang out with us when we go out and do family stuff like putt putt or bowling or movies. My question is......... do you think shes too young for this? What do you think????? I need input, Im on unfamilar ground!
you wanted serious advice, so my serious advice would be, that in all reality there is no point in "dating" unless you are ready to get married. Old enough, rich enough, smart enough etc....

If she likes the kid why ruin it with a childish relationship that will end in a pointless squabble

Have standards that have to be met by any suitor, too many young girls "hang out" with guys they never would marry in a million years, and then coincidentally "fall in love", don't risk her falling in love with anyone but the right guy

if you choose, which I hope you do, to not let her have her "boyfriend", i hope you can do it in a way that she is agreeing to it as well, meaning, she comes to the same conclusion as you through discussion and logic, some of which I already shared, like, not many relationships go well when you are 15--- you can't do anything, when you love each other enough to do something, you can't get married and do it, it is just not good
Old 01-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Don't trust that boy. It's a scam. He must be vanished. The desert is a good place for digging holes.
Yes I agree, I remember how I was at that age, lock her up till shes 35 and then let her out and run for the hills. No you have to trust her and hope that you did your job and she knows right from wrong, because if you tell a teen no, they will find a way to do what you tell them not to do. Start out slow and see where it takes you. Good luck, thank God I have 4 son's.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:18 PM
rearnakedchoke

if they are going to be in your presence, the kid will act respectful, once he is by himself, his true feelings will emerge (which would have been his motive the entire time) so no dark movie theatres, no dances/parties etc ... oh and just for effect, when he is over for dinner for the first time, have your husband clean his guns in his presence and make comments like "man, this one was loaded still" and "jeez, these things get dirty when you are always holding them, ready to cap some poor sap"
Old 01-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Shoots like a girl

ROFL! I thought you guys were my friends??? I dont know if I feel better or worse! Ok, so popular opinion from the men are dont let the boy live... I get it! But I live in a small town raising a pretty teenage girl who likes to hunt and fish. How do I keep the boys away? hehe
Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
ROFL! I thought you guys were my friends??? I dont know if I feel better or worse! Ok, so popular opinion from the men are dont let the boy live... I get it! But I live in a small town raising a pretty teenage girl who likes to hunt and fish. How do I keep the boys away? hehe
Start feeding her around the clock, make her wear combat boots, shave her head, big thick glasses, pull all her teeth, and put dirt and grease under her finger nails, and have her skin a Deer in the front yard and then you will be fine, wait a minute NO don't do that, unless you want Mac to show up.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Start feeding her around the clock, make her wear combat boots, shave her head, big thick glasses, pull all her teeth, and put dirt and grease under her finger nails, and have her skin a Deer in the front yard and then you will be fine, wait a minute NO don't do that, unless you want Mac to show up.
No no! I have enough problems.... dont need Mac showing up!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
matthughesfan21

I don't see the problem...I agree that given his age, he may have other things on his mind, but if he really wanted that thing, why would he be going on family dates? Don't you think it would be pretty tough to get that with the parents always around? If they wanted to go out alone, I would be more concerned about that...Since they are wanting to go out with you as well, I would welcome that idea considering they will have supervision...Better to be supervised than to have them go out alone, and at that age, if you continued to say no, they are just going to go out without your knowing anyways

Last edited by matthughesfan21; 01-12-2010 at 03:35 PM.