Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Shoots like a girl

Default I need serious advice

I have a teenage daughter who will be 15 in a couple of months. A boy at school has asked her to be his girlfriend. This will be Danni's first serious boyfriend. Shes liked this kid for a couple of years now. I know the kid(thank God I live in a small town) and know his family very well. Good family. Anyway, shes not asking to date but to let the boy hang out with us when we go out and do family stuff like putt putt or bowling or movies. My question is......... do you think shes too young for this? What do you think????? I need input, Im on unfamilar ground!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I cant help you. I'm sorry. I have absolutely no knowledge, either theoretical or practical of parenting, or raising Children.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Shoots like a girl

LOL! My boy has to be easier than this!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
LOL! My boy has to be easier than this!
I know even less about raising boys then I do raising girls. I was at least raised WITH girls
Old 01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Primadawn

I have a 15 year old daughter and we would let her do that...starting last year (her freshman year in high school) we allowed her to go on outings with boys (in groups) as long as there was a parent present.

Just be VERY vigilant!!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I have a 15 year old daughter and we would let her do that...starting last year (her freshman year in high school) we allowed her to go on outings with boys (in groups) as long as there was a parent present.

Just be VERY vigilant!!
Oh thank you! Thats what Im thinking too, just may be more difficult convicing her dad!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
I have a teenage daughter who will be 15 in a couple of months. A boy at school has asked her to be his girlfriend. This will be Danni's first serious boyfriend. Shes liked this kid for a couple of years now. I know the kid(thank God I live in a small town) and know his family very well. Good family. Anyway, shes not asking to date but to let the boy hang out with us when we go out and do family stuff like putt putt or bowling or movies. My question is......... do you think shes too young for this? What do you think????? I need input, Im on unfamilar ground!
in my opinion the boy is up to no good so tell the hubby to have a little chat with him and explain the consequences of his actions...thats if there were to be any actions....if you get my drift.
after that there really should be nothing left to worry about.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
in my opinion the boy is up to no good so tell the hubby to have a little chat with him and explain the consequences of his actions...thats if there were to be any actions....if you get my drift.
after that there really should be nothing left to worry about.
Ha!!! Trust me, he doesnt need to be encouraged to be violent towards boys that look at the girl! Hes going to be so hard to convince that shes going to grow up!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Shoots like a girl

attached is a pic of the way too cute teen in question!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dan and Matt.jpg (34.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 01-12-2010, 01:13 AM
County Mike

Don't trust that boy. It's a scam. He must be vanished. The desert is a good place for digging holes.