Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Does the Gospel Effect Animals

I know that the offer of Salvation is only made to those made in the image of GOD...but Animals are still part of His Creation...and they still mean something to GOD for he tells us to look after His Creation, and he mentions that he is aware and provides for Animals when he deals with fundemental basics like the desire to worry, or the principle of intrinsic value

The reason I ask is that I have taken to following as Play The Man suggested, the Bible in a Year thing that he posted not so long ago. I have also taken to listening to it aswell as reading it...there is a button that you can press and a voice reads out what is written

It has had a profound effect on my Budgie

Now I can play all sorts of things and get various responses. If I speak a lot Jens is likely to sing because he recognises the sound of my voice. If I play certain types of music he is likely to sing or to tweet a bit if he hears noises within the music he considers Bird calls. That apparently seems to be auditory excitement.

Visual excitement manifests itself quite differently. If Jens sees something he doesnt like he is likely to flap his wings ferociously. He might also make a nasty rasping sound, which he does when he doesnt know how else to empathise that he wants to express something he feels important. When he sees or interacts with something he likes, he bobs and weaves.

What I have never seen him do...is react physically like bobbing and weaving to a purely auditory stimulas...for example...a loud voice reading out the psalms...he does the whole lot...and when I turn the sound off. He Stops.

How much power exactly do we think might be given off by speaking the Word. Could it excite near by created beings with too limited an understanding to know anything about The Word at all
Old 01-12-2010, 06:42 AM

Tyburn, I am so happy that you found that link useful.

C.S. Lewis tried to address some of these issues in his books. Here is a link to an article from the Anglican Theological Review entitled "C.S. Lewis's Theology Of Animals". http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Chuck

We normally pray before we eat 'em!!

Does that count?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Hughes fanboy

God created them, and He loves His creation. I think that animals are aware of the existence of God. It may be in a way far more primitive than ours but I think it is in their nature to know God in their way as well.

Luckily they don't have rebellion in their hearts, nor do they have souls.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
We normally pray before we eat 'em!!

Does that count?
You cant eat Budgie
Old 01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Tyburn, I am so happy that you found that link useful.

C.S. Lewis tried to address some of these issues in his books. Here is a link to an article from the Anglican Theological Review entitled "C.S. Lewis's Theology Of Animals". http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1
`Man is to be understood only in his relation to God. The beasts are to be understood only in their relation to man, and through man, to God.'

You know in a very real sense, Jens is like a living Tattoo for me. I use Tattoos to remind me of something important on a Spiritual level. Jens is important Because Christ uses birds as a demonstration of Intrinsic Value. All Birds seem to have this function for me. I remember when I was in the US surrounded by thousands of tiny little Sparrows on one of the grass verges by the road in the centre of Chicago...they reminded me of exactly the same thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M1J-We1g5s Birds are a sign to me that I have value
Old 01-12-2010, 12:17 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

How much power exactly do we think might be given off by speaking the Word. Could it excite near by created beings with too limited an understanding to know anything about The Word at all
so in other words.... you are talking about preaching the bible to a guinea pig and effecting it?

well i guess it is POSSIBLE to preach to animals,

ANYTHING is possible...

but

i highly doubt it

that sounds pretty insane and 'out there'

besides,

animals do not have the intellect to understand human language, even if we did choose to preach the word to them, or near them.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
so in other words.... you are talking about preaching the bible to a guinea pig and effecting it?

well i guess it is POSSIBLE to preach to animals,

ANYTHING is possible...

but

i highly doubt it

that sounds pretty insane and 'out there'
No. I am saying do the audible sounds of the scriptures have power even over primative forms of life which cant possibly understand it. Is there an innate power in the sounds of the Words themselves?

Do you not recall when the dirty women touched Jesus in the middle of a crowd with the intent of being healed if she just touched his clothes he said "power has gone out from me" as if there was an innate Power that something with faith could almost steal from him.

Often when something epic happens in the Bible other random things are effected. For example, the Scriptures say that on the day Christ Was ressurected, other faithful people were so disturbed in their graves that they woke up. It wasnt an intentional part of Christs Ressurection...but it indicates that so powerful was his rising from the Grave, it woke up the whole cemetry so to speak...it would be as if a great power was discharged and the shock wave of that power hit nearby graves and caused those people to rise from the dead also.

So there is a power it would seem that might have accidently Glorious consequences of no real importance...but if one were to look, would show that Christ deals with real power...I wondered if it were that power that my Budgie, that Jens, was tuning in to...I have never seen him so excitable Something caused it...something stimulated him to get that sort of response...He's a highly reactive creature...if you dont provide stimulas...he just sits there...thats why you provide them with toys and the likes...because otherwise its like they sit on a standby setting.

So I wondered what it was that made him go nuts...and wondered if it was Scripture....He doesnt usually do that when a voice can be heard in the room, either mine, or radio, or TV...or something else spoken on youtube.

If He is Created by GOD, perhaps its an innate instinct in him to recognise the voice of his creator?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
You cant eat Budgie
thats what you think.

On a serious note. It could be that it is the tone of the voice and not what is being said that is causing him to act the way he is.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Stump Rules!

I'll bet that's what it is.I saw a dog trainer on TV and he was showing how you can say anything to a dog like "goooood booooy!" in a happy voice he'll get really happy.Tell him something like "I hate you ya little bastard,wished you'd get run over" in that same happy voice...his tail will wagjust as happy as the first thing you said.Then do the oppisite.Tell him "goooood boooy!" in a mean yelling voice. So basically...it's all in the delivery, not the words.Try it with the pig Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
thats what you think.

On a serious note. It could be that it is the tone of the voice and not what is being said that is causing him to act the way he is.

http://stumpdotcom.com/