Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-12-2010, 01:25 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Kentucky's original post is about a new domestic violence bill being proposed in Kentucky that might affect a man and his guns.

My response to your post is about how in the past women had no protection from the law if their husbands wanted to beat them or whatever... The law considered it to be a "domestic" issue not a "legal" one for them to handle. I was just saying we need to look to the past to see how these things have come about.

Nothing in life is equal, but don't worry it's still a man's world.
I understand that, but the fact is the person with the least amount of equal treatment in the U.S. is the Caucasian male.

Don't worry, women are pussifying men more and more with each generation. Women will take over soon enough, they're just doing it silently
Old 01-12-2010, 03:42 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Kentucky's original post is about a new domestic violence bill being proposed in Kentucky that might affect a man and his guns.

My response to your post is about how in the past women had no protection from the law if their husbands wanted to beat them or whatever... The law considered it to be a "domestic" issue not a "legal" one for them to handle. I was just saying we need to look to the past to see how these things have come about.

Nothing in life is equal, but don't worry it's still a man's world.
Bonnie, I think you are right that we do tend to create more little messes in the process of cleaning up the big ones. However, the bottom line is that we cannot ever justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior.

This is about more than just a man and his guns. The law would affect all people, and their subsequent right to bear arms. The problem with the legislation is that it basically allows a system that is already heavily abused (yes, mostly by women) to not only continue, but to get worse. The sad but true fact is that women are able to abuse this system here for ONE main reason. Because NOBODY likes a scumbag that beats up women. I'm not even sure the scumbags who do that actually like themselves, unless they live in some country like Whateverstan that takes pride in degrading women. So, when a woman makes those claims in modern-day civilized society, people will take the claims very seriously.

A lot of women take advantage of that, and I have personally seen it happen to two good friends of mine. In one case, the woman was just drunk and pissed off so she lied to the cops, and in the other the woman just wanted to get custody of their child. Both girls ended up having to admit they were full of crap, and what's even funnier is both of my friends are still with those women.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:44 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I understand that, but the fact is the person with the least amount of equal treatment in the U.S. is the Caucasian male.

Don't worry, women are pussifying men more and more with each generation. Women will take over soon enough, they're just doing it silently
I'm gonna start calling you Stretch Armstrong, remember that toy?

Seriously though, that is a stretch.

The last part is hilarious though
Old 01-12-2010, 04:21 PM

Hey, all I'm saying is there is a reason these laws exist and it is NOT because of those women who file false reports.

I went back and read the case/story. I remember seeing this on the news when it happened. She was a state worker and he was the son of a former govenor of Kentucky. I think that might have something to do with them trying to pass this motion/proposition.

The police have to investigate when a DV complaint is reported and it is only common sense to make sure the two are separated from each other while this is going on. After reading about the domino-effect of what happens or could happen to the person being accused, it makes me feel that much stronger about what should happen to the accuser if she/he is lying. They not only cause harm to the falsely accused but to true victims of domestic violence (this goes for rape too).

I agree they need to rethink this proposition or drop it altogether because there are too many holes in it right now.

Kentucky, why don't you send them a big slice of swiss cheese.

Last edited by Bonnie; 01-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:26 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:

I'll have to remember that one.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:19 PM

I guess that rib GOD took from Adam was just too much for you guys.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:04 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Kentucky, why don't you send them a big slice of swiss cheese.
Cuase that would deprive the world of at least on Mushroom and Swiss Burger!

On a side note I have nothing against issuing an order for someone to stay away from someone else if one of the parties ask for it! I just don't want to see that used as an excuse to pre convict someone and deny them of their 2A rights!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I'm gonna start calling you Stretch Armstrong, remember that toy?

Seriously though, that is a stretch.

The last part is hilarious though
How is it a stretch? If a white guy commits a crime against a non-white, it's usually a "hate crime" immediately. The other way around, I can only think of 1 time in recent memory where a white was beaten and it was considered a hate crime. Of course, it's probably less publicized if there's crime against the white than if it's a white committing the crime. On a side note, I really dislike the term "hate crime" because it supports the idea that all races aren't the same

Nate's statement certainly supports the idea that men have less rights than women when it comes to certain cases:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well the problem is that men are guilty until proven guilty when it comes to domestic violence claims. Basically, as one local police officer put it when talking with a husband who was being falsely accused of domestic violence by his own wife. "I she says it, then you did it."

This is the problem with a law like this. You don't penalize someone based solely on accusations or suspicion. Unless you can prove the claims in a court of law, then the man is innocent. Period.
LOL, as for the last part, it's true. There's so many times when I have to tell my friends, "The reason why she acts that way is because you're being a pussy." They hate it when you say that.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
How is it a stretch? If a white guy commits a crime against a non-white, it's usually a "hate crime" immediately. The other way around, I can only think of 1 time in recent memory where a white was beaten and it was considered a hate crime. Of course, it's probably less publicized if there's crime against the white than if it's a white committing the crime. On a side note, I really dislike the term "hate crime" because it supports the idea that all races aren't the same

Nate's statement certainly supports the idea that men have less rights than women when it comes to certain cases:

LOL, as for the last part, it's true. There's so many times when I have to tell my friends, "The reason why she acts that way is because you're being a pussy." They hate it when you say that.
I am not denying a single thing that you or Nate have said in regards to those respective issues.

However, I just think that a statement that says the people getting the "least amount of equal treatment in the U.S.A" are white guys, is not only a stretch, but a bit absurd. There are all sorts of ways that discrimination manifests in our society, and to act like white men have it the hardest is ridiculous. People in this country who are minorities still have to deal with it on a daily basis in many respects, and as long as there is more of one race than another in this country, that's how it will always be.

It's just like what I say about Boxing, all the characters are different but the problems are the same.