Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 01-17-2010, 10:31 PM
AMJ

Abu Dabhi is an extremely wealthy country, you don't see any sectarian violence or extremist activity there. In fact, it's economy has been much more well managed than Dubai which has seen significant economic decline. It's actually a very progressive state and should hopefully provide a good venue for Matt to defeat Renzo. ;)
Old 01-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ View Post
Abu Dabhi is an extremely wealthy country, you don't see any sectarian violence or extremist activity there. In fact, it's economy has been much more well managed than Dubai which has seen significant economic decline.
Abu Dabhi is not a Country, its a City, within a Country known as The United Arab Emerites...would you advocate a Vocal Christian Fighter go to that Country?

Just because you dont see any extremist activity doesnt mean there isnt anything...and its wealth is not a comfort to me...infact its because of its wealth that alarm bells ring in my head. Money equates to power. Not good.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:04 PM
AMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Abu Dabhi is not a Country, its a City, within a Country known as The United Arab Emerites...would you advocate a Vocal Christian Fighter go to that Country?

Just because you dont see any extremist activity doesnt mean there isnt anything...and its wealth is not a comfort to me...infact its because of its wealth that alarm bells ring in my head. Money equates to power. Not good.
My apologies, "country" slipped out of me, I should have known better since I have been to the emirates on a few occasions. However, I don't see an issue with Matt going there and fighting. How would it be any more different if he fought in Japan or any other country for that matter, he is doing it to support his family and earn an honest living.

You have a problem with Matt Hughes fighting there yet the UAE and the United States have had a long time trade and investment relationship. Fighting in Abu Dabhi isn't going to compromise his Chrisian religion or faith.

Who cares if Matt fights there..
Old 01-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

Here's why I'm not worried about Matt fighting there....he's a true Christian man. That means he prayed about the decision before agreeing to do it. God will watch over him and His will shall be done in Matt's life. No need to worry about him. God has his back.

~Amy
Old 01-17-2010, 11:27 PM
AMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Here's why I'm not worried about Matt fighting there....he's a true Christian man. That means he prayed about the decision before agreeing to do it. God will watch over him and His will shall be done in Matt's life. No need to worry about him. God has his back.

~Amy

Your response intrigues me, it seems like you're insinuating that going there would be detrimental to Matt? I just don't see it that way, I personally think it's a good thing to travel and expand your horizons beyond where you live.

I guess I just like to travel.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Your response intrigues me, it seems like you're insinuating that going there would be detrimental to Matt? I just don't see it that way, I personally think it's a good thing to travel and expand your horizons beyond where you live.

I guess I just like to travel.
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that those who are worried about Matt going there should relax and let God handle it. I have traveled. All over. Including out of my own country. I plan to continue traveling and have a list of countries I am going to visit. I do not worry one bit about Matt traveling there to fight. It's not even like it will be his first time, he's fought there before.

~Amy
Old 01-18-2010, 12:56 AM
AMJ

Quote:
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that those who are worried about Matt going there should relax and let God handle it. I have traveled. All over. Including out of my own country. I plan to continue traveling and have a list of countries I am going to visit. I do not worry one bit about Matt traveling there to fight. It's not even like it will be his first time, he's fought there before.

~Amy
Oh cool, my bad!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:20 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
My apologies, "country" slipped out of me, I should have known better since I have been to the emirates on a few occasions. However, I don't see an issue with Matt going there and fighting. How would it be any more different if he fought in Japan or any other country for that matter, he is doing it to support his family and earn an honest living.

You have a problem with Matt Hughes fighting there yet the UAE and the United States have had a long time trade and investment relationship. Fighting in Abu Dabhi isn't going to compromise his Chrisian religion or faith.

Who cares if Matt fights there..
Its an islamic country....I dont think the UFC should be hosting event there period. I dont think they should be doing business there period either.

Its completely different from fighting in Japan.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Its an islamic country....I dont think the UFC should be hosting event there period. I dont think they should be doing business there period either.

Its completely different from fighting in Japan.
What if by going there Matt or someone else influences someone to believe in the real God? We never know how one small thing will impact the world.

~Amy
Old 01-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
What if by going there Matt or someone else influences someone to believe in the real God? We never know how one small thing will impact the world.

~Amy
Oh I have no doubt that will probably be the case...but I am just very uneasy about it. I dont want anything to...happen to him...I cant help that I care about his wellbeing can I I wouldnt want any fighter I was close to out there.