Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Just think they took out a much needed 8 billion for a monorail system from Disneyland to Las Vegas. Bummer. Also 2 billion to help people buy condoms and quit smoking. Man that would have made a lot of Jobs. And my favorite was the were giving money ot ACORN a group being sued for voter fraud. Wow I am sure glad Obama is in charge and saving jobs with ideas like that.
I did not hear about the monorail being part of the package, but that monorail has already been in the works. They have been planning a light rail system that connects Phoenix, Las Vegas, and L.A. for quite some time now. Supposedly you will be able to travel to any of the three cities in about an hour, which would be really cool, but that is still years away from what I understand.

I also thought that I heard somewhere that ACORN is not actually getting the money directly from the stimulus package, but rather that some of the money that is supposed to go to the individual states was going to trickle down to them somehow. I could be wrong but, either way, those scumbags should not get a single penny.

We all knew this was coming since the moment Obama got elected. Big spending equals bigger government, and that is ultimately what the liberals want.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I did not hear about the monorail being part of the package, but that monorail has already been in the works. They have been planning a light rail system that connects Phoenix, Las Vegas, and L.A. for quite some time now. Supposedly you will be able to travel to any of the three cities in about an hour, which would be really cool, but that is still years away from what I understand.

I also thought that I heard somewhere that ACORN is not actually getting the money directly from the stimulus package, but rather that some of the money that is supposed to go to the individual states was going to trickle down to them somehow. I could be wrong but, either way, those scumbags should not get a single penny.

We all knew this was coming since the moment Obama got elected. Big spending equals bigger government, and that is ultimately what the liberals want.
Yeah it has been in hte works for a couple of decades. But how on earth will spending money on it now help the economy. It was in the senate version of HR 1 but was removed in committee. You are also right about the ACORN thing, but even a trickle down i snot good for us.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Krupp

if I have to inherit all of this crap to pay back through taxes, I am SO moving to Ireland as soon as I have the chance to be a stowaway. or if I have cash. Which I wont, because this bill is screwing me over.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Yeah it has been in hte works for a couple of decades. But how on earth will spending money on it now help the economy. It was in the senate version of HR 1 but was removed in committee. You are also right about the ACORN thing, but even a trickle down i snot good for us.
I'm not a fan of this package put forth by Hussein at all but I can't see how the monorail project wouldn't help.

From the raw materials to the wages of the workers.. it seems like it would help. Obviously we're talking about the "new" New Deal but still.. I can see it helping.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I'm not a fan of this package put forth by Hussein at all but I can't see how the monorail project wouldn't help.

From the raw materials to the wages of the workers.. it seems like it would help. Obviously we're talking about the "new" New Deal but still.. I can see it helping.
The purpose is to stimulate the economy now. The project cannot start for another 3 years at the earliest because there is no way California can pay their share of the funds since they are broke. SO do you still think it will help stimulate it?
Old 02-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:

The monorail will create lots of temporary jobs at first; but once it's built most of those people will be laid off and right back where they started. So, it's not really generating any long-term stability for the economy. It's not even generating short-term stability since, as Chris F said, the project won't even get started for at least 3 years.

The best way to stimulate the economy would be to eliminate Federal Income Taxes. They didn't exist until WW2 and even then the American people were promised that it was only temporary until the US got out of the war. Of course, they found an excuse to keep it going after the war; but if it was removed, then most everyone would see an instant boost to their next paycheck.

Of course, the Democrats aren't going to do that because they have all these porky little social projects that they want to fund and the recent economic collapse provided the perfect cover for them to slip everything under the door disguised as "stimulus." Add to that some fear-mongering from "Mr. Doom & Gloom" himself, President Obama, and the American people got taken in by the biggest scam in our country's history.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:48 AM
Chuck

Quote:
The purpose is to stimulate the economy now. The project cannot start for another 3 years at the earliest because there is no way California can pay their share of the funds since they are broke. SO do you still think it will help stimulate it?
Well obviously not if it won't start for another 3 years goofball! I didn't know that little piece of the puzzle

But to Nate's point ( don't know how to multi-quote) I'm ok with the jobs being temporary. I think the nature of a stimulus package in the first place is to "jump start" the economy.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:08 AM
mikthehick

This crap is exactly why we all should have voted for Pedro.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:20 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Well obviously not if it won't start for another 3 years goofball! I didn't know that little piece of the puzzle

But to Nate's point ( don't know how to multi-quote) I'm ok with the jobs being temporary. I think the nature of a stimulus package in the first place is to "jump start" the economy.
It does not really matter now since they removed it from the bill. I have ot go wiht Nate on this one. End federal income taxes and the economy would do a lot better.

Kim- Pedro is not Constitutionally qualified.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:39 AM
kyle

Quote:
And my favorite was the were giving money ot ACORN a group being sued for voter fraud. Wow I am sure glad Obama is in charge and saving jobs with ideas like that.
Hey they had to put something in their for ACORN, to make them happy. If it wasn't for them getting mickey mouse to vote, the democrats wouldn't be in office.