Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-08-2010, 04:30 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
wow.....personal opinions.... i didn't know you were a relativist....

sounds like what abortionists say
Not at all. Just that last time people ignored book chapter and verse and believed what their tradiotion taught them and not what the bible taught. So no sense beating ones head into the wall trying to get them to see fact as facts.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
This has alreay been beaten to death on here. Better to just go read that thread then to open new wounds.

What it boils down to is ones persoanl opinions because everyone reads only what they want to on subjects like this.
What is your personal opinion?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

Let me ask this question for those who believe women shouldn't be pastors ... if a Christian were to attend a church where the pastor was a women, or that a Christian had a women as their spiritual leader, do you think they would be saved, make it to Heaven?
Old 01-09-2010, 05:26 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Let me ask this question for those who believe women shouldn't be pastors ... if a Christian were to attend a church where the pastor was a women, or that a Christian had a women as their spiritual leader, do you think they would be saved, make it to Heaven?
Yes.

Just curious....What role do you believe that a pastor plays in your personal salvation?
Old 01-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
You dont need a man ar women to be saved. Who is to be the spiritual leader in the your house?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
What is your personal opinion?
My personal opinion is no they should not
Old 01-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Only 2 % of all salvations take place in the church walls. The church's primary job is to train and equip the sainits for the work of ministry not to be the avenue of salvation. That would be more of the office of the evangelist. See Ephesians for more detail
Old 01-09-2010, 06:56 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Yes.

Just curious....What role do you believe that a pastor plays in your personal salvation?
well, that is sort of my point ... what is the big deal in the grand scheme of things if a lady is a pastor and is able to help others come closer to God?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
You dont need a man ar women to be saved. Who is to be the spiritual leader in the your house?
i am as my wife is not Christian and I teach my children about God ...whether or not I am doing a good job, well that is another story ...
Old 01-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Administrator

1 Timothy 2
11A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.