Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Mac

seen a show once , thie guy and his dad ran a motorcycle shop and they both were heavily inked .

When his dad passed away he had his back hide skinned and tanned and it now hangs on the shop wall .

Thats just nasty.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:08 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
seen a show once , thie guy and his dad ran a motorcycle shop and they both were heavily inked .

When his dad passed away he had his back hide skinned and tanned and it now hangs on the shop wall .

Thats just nasty.
Ick.

Later.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post

Thats just nasty.
I almost barfed. that's some Silence of the Lambs ****!

[
Old 01-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Tattoos are great so long as your getting them for a real meaning.

I have several, and want to get at least one more but I cant afford to at the moment

I have the oriental verb that equates to Maranatha on my right shoulder, I have a version of the Occular Veritas on my right arm just above my wrist, and I have an image of Le Sacre Coeur on my chest.

I want another tattoo which would be of a single birds feather, and the references to two biblical passages above and below it. I dont know where I would put it though

Now for the meanings. Maranatha is a greek word which is used as a spiritual invokation. If Emmanuel is indicative of the Incarnate Jesus, then Maranatha is indicative of the indwelling Spirit. It means to enter in. It reminds me that my Body has now become a living Temple.

Occular Veritas is Latin for Eye of Truth. Mine is a little eye in amoungst blue and purple swirls. Its placed on my right arm above my hand to remind me that everything I put my hands to I will be called to account for at Judgement.

Le Sacre Coeur is french for The Sacred Heart, its quite a common Ikon used in the Church. For me it is about Christian progression, about trying to grow more like christ I suppose.

The Feather will be symbolic of Intrinsic Value...which is something I didnt always believe in. Why a Feather? because in the Gospels when confirming Intrinsic Value, Jesus uses the humble sparrow as an example. The Biblical References are my Favourite verses of Scripture
Old 01-07-2010, 08:10 PM
mikthehick

After much contemplation, I decided tats just aren't for me.

Maybe down the road, but not right now.

But, I'm not opposed to them either--if they have a special meaning to the one who wears them, then it can be a wonderful story for them to share, a memorial for a loved one, or a dedication to something they love.

For example, when people have bible verses on themselves or a cross of some kind, that is awesome.

To each their own.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Robertboxerboy

Well the meaning of "The Grave Could Not Hold The King" is a lyric from my favorite worsdhip song "Arise My Love" by Newsong. I was at Winter Jam and when they started playing I really started paying attention. And when they said that line, It was the first time I gave myself up to God. Thats the real story behind it.

And Dave, you have tattoos? I could never see you with tattoos, I just don't know why.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
43 and will be doing my whole arm by my birthday!!...

But I do not want to get one on my chest for some reason.. I can't put my finger on it.. just don't

Looking to get the tiger colored at the end of the month and start on the phoniex

You don't see alot of tattoos in south america.. or at least where I was at.. these kids loved mine and my instructors..

This one was painful.. the others just uncomfortable...

SpiritWalker, has anyone ever told you that you look like Billy Bob Thorton?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertboxerboy View Post
And Dave, you have tattoos? I could never see you with tattoos, I just don't know why.
Yes. I have Three
Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
CAMPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I got one about 7 years agoand I don't regret it. even if it's not the coolest it reminds me of a time in my life and I wouldn't get it removed for anything.
TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!! I got mine just over 2 years ago...and don't regret it either..."maybe" I might like something else, but not sure! I'm content
Old 01-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Miss Foxy

My dad hates tattoos as well. I don't ..However I think you should wait until you are out of your dads house and can make a living on your own. Just for the respect part...That's just my opinion. Hope it helps and good luck.