Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-07-2010, 04:31 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
I was recently reading an old article by Truman Capote in which he interviewed a criminal named Bobby Beausoleil. In the article, he makes the statement: "It's odd about tattoos. I've talked to several hundred men convicted of homicide - multiple homicides, in most cases. The only common denominator I could find among them was tattoos. A good eighty percent of them were heavily tattooed."

That probably has something more to do with people getting tattooed in prison,
than it does people with tattoos being criminals.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
That probably has something more to do with people getting tattooed in prison,
than it does people with tattoos being criminals.
True. In addition, it is an observation that is now 30 years old.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:20 PM

I got one about 7 years agoand I don't regret it. even if it's not the coolest it reminds me of a time in my life and I wouldn't get it removed for anything.

Robert I think that if you have something that is really meaningfull to you then do it. Just do your research and go to a tattoo artist that has a good reputation and will give you a nice one. I recommend telling the artist what idea you have and ask them to draw something up instead of just point to a pic in a book that 1000 other people could have.If you're close to Ft. Wayne go to Donny Manco or his brother. He's a Christina and does a lot of religious tattoos. They both have fine art training and Donny used to be an art teacher.
here's an interesting video where Donny talks about religious tattoos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYzPQlWo61Q

My dad always told be that if I came home with an earring he'd pull it out with plyers and if I had a tattoo he'd remove it for me with a belt sander.

I'll probably tell my kids the same thing

[

Last edited by Llamafighter; 01-07-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:43 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
and if I had a tattoo he'd remove it for me with a belt sander.
Or like in Sons of Anarchy, when they took that guys tattoo off with a blow torch.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
What adorable kids names. Do you have a picture of the tat to show us?
The picture is not the best but gives you some ideal what it looks like, I love it, and like I said everytime I see it I think of my boy's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tats 2 002 1 (3).jpg (96.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-07-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Or like in Sons of Anarchy, when they took that guys tattoo off with a blow torch.
Aw man that was nasty. Why did he pick burn? The smell would have killed me:(

[
Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
DonnaMaria

I always wanted a tattoo because I always liked the idea of "wearing" a piece of art. And I always wanted something that would be meaningful to me..........

so I waited a looooooooooooooooong time. and thought about a lot of things/designs and waited until a design "spoke" to me. And when it did, I was almost 40 years old!

And then when I decided on the design and the location ( my foot, so it could be covered up if needed ) I actually drew the design on with a black pen and wore it around for a while to see if I liked it!

And then I waited a few more months.........researched my artist........saved up the money......broke the news to my mom.....and my girls.....

and then got it! And I love it! No regrets at all! It's like it is a part of me that always should have been there!

And if/when my girls ever ask me if they can get a tattoo, I can look them in the eye and say......"Sure honey.......when you are 40!"
Old 01-07-2010, 03:26 PM
DonnaMaria

Oh and tat location is very important! My tattoo artist said that he is reluctant to give someone a tat in a place like the lower arm or the hand or neck because of the social stigma associated with tats on places like that. He tries to get people to go for less conspicuous areas.

And he didn't do "tramp" stamps! He told me that he wouldn't be a part of that! So if that was what I wanted I needed to go somewhere else!

He was kind of opinionated........but hey.........it was his shop! And I admired him for it! And he did an awesome job!
Old 01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Twinsmama

how old are you. i think if i remember right you are only 16 or 17?? my 15 year old nephew wants one for his 16 th bday in 2 weeks. i feel like he's makin a mistake but unfortunately his mom and dad are more worried about being his friend than guiding him in life. i think you should wait until you are a little older. so many things change in life. i know that religion isn't usually one but waiting a little while sure won't hurt.

my husband got one when he was 17 and doesn't hate it but is wanting to get it covered up with something the he likes better. when he got it he was a skinny little thing so it was on the outside of his bicep, now he has big muscles and wide shoulders and it is not anywhere close to where it was!!haha now it's almost up on the outside of his shoulder! just another thing to think about.

good luck making your decision
Old 01-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

43 and will be doing my whole arm by my birthday!!...

But I do not want to get one on my chest for some reason.. I can't put my finger on it.. just don't

Looking to get the tiger colored at the end of the month and start on the phoniex

You don't see alot of tattoos in south america.. or at least where I was at.. these kids loved mine and my instructors..

This one was painful.. the others just uncomfortable...