Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Robertboxerboy

Default Tattoos

What do yall think of tattoos? I want to get one really bad in between my shoulder blades that has a with a stone rolled away that says "The grave could not hold the King". Meaning Jesus Christ. But my dad won't let me get it cause he thinks tattoos are trashy. And I agree with him on a point where you get a tattoo just to get a tattoo. But atleast this means something too me, so that I won't regret it later in life.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertboxerboy View Post
What do yall think of tattoos? I want to get one really bad in between my shoulder blades that has a with a stone rolled away that says "The grave could not hold the King". Meaning Jesus Christ. But my dad won't let me get it cause he thinks tattoos are trashy. And I agree with him on a point where you get a tattoo just to get a tattoo. But atleast this means something too me, so that I won't regret it later in life.

Our Dads think alike.

When i was younger i wanted to get a tatoo , i wanted the Mack truck Bulldog with my name under it on my shoulder blade , and my dad told me 2 things .
" If God wanted you to be decorated you would have been born a Christmas Tree" i had to laugh at that lol, and the second thing he said was " Real men dot need a sign to tell folks they are tough" he was referring to me wanting the bulldog.

But as i grow older , im thinking of getting one . I want an exact copy of each of my sons ink foot prints from thier birth certificates , not sure where i would put them , not sure if i will even get it done , but if i was ever to get a tattoo , thats what it would be.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertboxerboy View Post
Listen to your Dad.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Stump Rules!

Now here's a tattoo!

http://www.uniquedaily.com/the-tattooed-cat/

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-07-2010, 02:14 AM

I was recently reading an old article by Truman Capote in which he interviewed a criminal named Bobby Beausoleil. In the article, he makes the statement: "It's odd about tattoos. I've talked to several hundred men convicted of homicide - multiple homicides, in most cases. The only common denominator I could find among them was tattoos. A good eighty percent of them were heavily tattooed."
Old 01-07-2010, 02:48 AM
billwilliams70

Default I have three, will be getting two more for sure!

I have no problems with tattoos. I know that Leviticus 19:28 states not to tattoo your body, however, 1 Corinthians 10:31 states "....whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." Our bodies are referred to as temples of the Holy Spirit in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, but makes no mention of tattoos.

Similar to the "lose our salvation" thread, I'm sure this will get lots of debate, because even as a one God, one love body of Christ we are, we can't seem to agree on the simplest of things when it comes to interpretations of scripture.

When all else fails......turn to the shirt for advice:

Hope this helps you.

Later.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
I was recently reading an old article by Truman Capote in which he interviewed a criminal named Bobby Beausoleil. In the article, he makes the statement: "It's odd about tattoos. I've talked to several hundred men convicted of homicide - multiple homicides, in most cases. The only common denominator I could find among them was tattoos. A good eighty percent of them were heavily tattooed."
Bobby Beausoleil was connected to the Manson family. Interesting.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:16 AM
Stump Rules!

Well you know that tshirt can't be wrong!

Old 01-07-2010, 04:06 AM
Silverback

I never wanted a tat till my wife and I split and I was always gone, on the road with work, and I wanted to get something that if I seen it would remind me of my sons, so I had one put right above my right wrist. It is a cross with a ribbon that runs around it with Ian, my oldest, at the top, Dusty and Shane on both sides of the cross, and Trevor, my youngest thru the leg of the cross. So everytime I see it I think of my Boys, I love it and the guy did a very good job with it. So if your taking a vote, mine would be for it.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Stump Rules!

What adorable kids names. Do you have a picture of the tat to show us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
I never wanted a tat till my wife and I split and I was always gone, on the road with work, and I wanted to get something that if I seen it would remind me of my sons, so I had one put right above my right wrist. It is a cross with a ribbon that runs around it with Ian, my oldest, at the top, Dusty and Shane on both sides of the cross, and Trevor, my youngest thru the leg of the cross. So everytime I see it I think of my Boys, I love it and the guy did a very good job with it. So if your taking a vote, mine would be for it.