Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

When I was younger.. (late teens.. early 20s) I had no problem with abortion.. I was also uninformed.... even though a live in girl friend had one. I still feel really guilty about that.

in my late 20s and early 30s... I had a problem with abortion.. even though... I still would support the "right"..

Now in my early 40s.. I am having a tougher time with "understanding"....

I have never been in favor of a late term abortion...

In my mind.. anything past the first 3 months should be considered murder..

But then I have to consider... rapes.. children that will be born with horrid problems and such..
Old 01-07-2010, 01:39 AM
atomdanger

I am so 50/50 on abortion.

Side 1 of me says, damn, thats WRONG.

side 2 says, maybe I don't want these people breeding period,
and we might all be better off without them producing children.

I can never decide.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
God is going to judge people you mean...
No, I think nation is accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I am so 50/50 on abortion.

Side 1 of me says, damn, thats WRONG.

side 2 says, maybe I don't want these people breeding period,
and we might all be better off without them producing children.

I can never decide.
I would agree that "these" people should be having babies but don't you think you're punishing the wrong person?? It's the parent's who in many cases are selfish, irresponsible and uncaring yet it's the child that gets murdered.

Make no mistake.. it is a child and it is murder. Using less offensive terminology like the pro death movement does won't change the facts.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:10 AM
Stump Rules!

So if the girl down the street gets an abortion and I don't believe in it I'll be judged for what she did ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
No, I think nation is accurate.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So if the girl down the street gets an abortion and I don't believe in it I'll be judged for what she did ?
GOD judges individuals and He judges nations.

Just like the German citizens from the 1930s and 40s are culpable for the actions of the Nazis and the Jewish Holocaust; we as Christian Americans are to blame for what is turning into the greatest mass slaughter of human beings in the history of the world: The Pro-Choice movement.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:19 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
When I was younger.. (late teens.. early 20s) I had no problem with abortion.. I was also uninformed.... even though a live in girl friend had one. I still feel really guilty about that.

in my late 20s and early 30s... I had a problem with abortion.. even though... I still would support the "right"..

Now in my early 40s.. I am having a tougher time with "understanding"....

I have never been in favor of a late term abortion...

In my mind.. anything past the first 3 months should be considered murder..

But then I have to consider... rapes.. children that will be born with horrid problems and such..

None of it is good , in any way shape or form and it should not be allowed.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:19 AM
Stump Rules!

Well explain "judge" to me then I'm nervous and on just this side of getting why people try to kill the doctors performing those operations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
GOD judges individuals and He judges nations.

Just like the German citizens from the 1930s and 40s are culpable for the actions of the Nazis and the Jewish Holocaust; we as Christian Americans are to blame for what is turning into the greatest mass slaughter of human beings in the history of the world: The Pro-Choice movement.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Well explain "judge" to me then I'm nervous and on just this side of getting why people try to kill the doctors performing those operations.
Well, we can't repay evil with evil. Jesus never did, so we're not allowed to either. Although I do understand how you feel, because I completely agree that every single one of them deserves to die for the profession that they have chosen. But that sentence is not ours to carry out, GOD will take care of that Himself.

The only way that the Pro-Choice movement gained as much power as it did is by changing the culture, which is what we have to do in order to get this country back to it's Christian roots.

The most effective way is for parents to train up their children to love GOD and to believe in the Bible. For those of us who don't have children, then we can help by making our beliefs publicly known and being completely unapologetic about those beliefs.

Also NEVER, NEVER, NEVER waiver or compromise those beliefs. Don't say, "I think abortion is wrong and shouldn't be allowed, unless......." All you need to say is "Abortion is always wrong and should never be allowed under any circumstances whatsoever." Don't cave in to the fallacious arguments involving rape, incest or the health of the mother. There are always other options available that don't require the murder of the child.

You might get harassed, insulted or even lose your job/family/etc.; but if you are not willing to risk discomfort, pain or death for your beliefs, then they are not really your beliefs.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:42 AM
Stump Rules!

Well, I definitely don't fit in to any of the parts in bold that's for sure and I doubt I'd ever let anyone harrass me into anything ever but I still don't understand what you mean about God "judging" us for it.I guess I always think of God "judging" us as going to hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, we can't repay evil with evil. Jesus never did, so we're not allowed to either. Although I do understand how you feel, because I completely agree that every single one of them deserves to die for the profession that they have chosen. But that sentence is not ours to carry out, GOD will take care of that Himself.

The only way that the Pro-Choice movement gained as much power as it did is by changing the culture, which is what we have to do in order to get this country back to it's Christian roots.

The most effective way is for parents to train up their children to love GOD and to believe in the Bible. For those of us who don't have children, then we can help by making our beliefs publicly known and being completely unapologetic about those beliefs.

Also NEVER, NEVER, NEVER waiver or compromise those beliefs. Don't say, "I think abortion is wrong and shouldn't be allowed, unless......." All you need to say is "Abortion is always wrong and should never be allowed under any circumstances whatsoever." Don't cave in to the fallacious arguments involving rape, incest or the health of the mother. There are always other options available that don't require the murder of the child.

You might get harassed, insulted or even lose your job/family/etc.; but if you are not willing to risk discomfort, pain or death for your beliefs, then they are not really your beliefs.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, I definitely don't fit in to any of the parts in bold that's for sure and I doubt I'd ever let anyone harrass me into anything ever but I still don't understand what you mean about God "judging" us for it.I guess I always think of God "judging" us as going to hell...
In the Old Testament, GOD judged the nation of Israel by allowing them to be conquered and made into slaves. Usually when He judges nations, it's with earthly hardship.