Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-06-2010, 05:22 PM

Default "Abortion Super Center" to open in Houston

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/59334

Quote:
A coalition of pro-life advocates and religious leaders plan to gather in Houston on Jan. 18 to oppose what is expected to be the largest abortion clinic in the country.

Planned Parenthood is renovating a former bank, turning it into a 78,000 square foot facility that will include a surgical wing equipped to provide late-term abortions.

“It’s an abortion super center,
” Lou Engle, founder of the pro-life group The Call to Conscience, which is organizing the rally, told CNSNews.com.

Joining Engle at the “prayer march” will be Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, and Samuel Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference. Religious leaders expected to attend include Bishop Harry Jackson, senior pastor of Hope Christian Church; Richard Land, president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention; Star Parker, president of the Coalition for Urban Renewal and Education; and Abby Johnson, the former director of a Planned Parenthood clinic.

Engle compared the fight for the rights of the unborn to another critical movement in America. “As Martin Luther King, Jr. said, ‘It is time to subpoena the conscience of America,’” he said.

Engle said he believes the clinic was strategically located in a part of Houston that is surrounded by black and Hispanic neighborhoods.

“We want to say that it’s not right to have an abortion super center that targets the minority community,” Engle said. He says Planned Parenthood actively markets its services, including abortion, to low-income, minority women.

Last month, Houston elected the first lesbian, Annise Parker, to hold the mayoral office in a major U.S. city. Until her inauguration this week, the director of Health and Environmental Policy for the mayor’s office was Elena Marks, chairwoman of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America.

Attempts to reach Marks for comment on the clinic and the planned rally were unsuccessful.
What is happening to Houston?

Maybe they will have a grand opening sale. If you have twins or triplets you can get a "2 for 1" special or even a "3 for 1" special. Maybe they will even have a "Ladies' Night" where an abortion of a female fetus is free. Perhaps even a "Frequent Fliers" Club - get a stamp on your card for each abortion and when you accrue a half-dozen you get a free DVD player.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:32 PM
billwilliams70

How can a man be found guilty of 2 counts of homicide if he kills a pregnant woman and her baby, but abortion isn't considered murder?

Scott Peterson was charged with double murder (fetal homicide) in his wife's case.

Public Law recognizes a "child in utero" as a legal victim, "child in utero" is defined as a human being, at any stage of development, when carried in the whom.

Later.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
How can a man be found guilty of 2 counts of homicide if he kills a pregnant woman and her baby, but abortion isn't considered murder?

Scott Peterson was charged with double murder (fetal homicide) in his wife's case.

Public Law recognizes a "child in utero" as a legal victim, "child in utero" is defined as a human being, at any stage of development, when carried in the whom.

Later.
yeah, doesn't make sense
Old 01-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Hughes fanboy

God is going to judge America for sins like this.

Be ware.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
billwilliams70

I'm generally not all that into the "Pro-Life Scene", but I think that this is a cool shirt......

http://www.c28.com/shopping/productd...recordid=12409

Later.

Last edited by billwilliams70; 01-06-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:19 PM
eric84

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post

Later.
Because it's ok to murder now if something is an inconvenience. I mean, isn't it only fair that if I get myself pregnant that I can murder an innocent child so I don't have to deal with the responsibility? I have to reply to this in a sarcastic manner because it sickens me so much that things like this are so blatantly out in the open and the American people allow it.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Shoots like a girl

Anyone who wants an abortion should have to watch a film called the silent scream. Its available at any Christian bookstore. What have we been reduced to? Killing children. Murdering the innocent. I dont know what to say. There are just no words. We can murder babies but we have to treat accused terrorists fairly? I would hate to have to stand before God with that on my soul.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:52 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84 View Post
Because it's ok to murder now if something is an inconvenience. I mean, isn't it only fair that if I get myself pregnant that I can murder an innocent child so I don't have to deal with the responsibility? I have to reply to this in a sarcastic manner because it sickens me so much that things like this are so blatantly out in the open and the American people allow it.
I know how you feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
Anyone who wants an abortion should have to watch a film called the silent scream. Its available at any Christian bookstore. What have we been reduced to? Killing children. Murdering the innocent. I dont know what to say. There are just no words. We can murder babies but we have to treat accused terrorists fairly? I would hate to have to stand before God with that on my soul.
I couldn't agree more.

Later.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Stump Rules!

God is going to judge people you mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
God is going to judge America for sins like this.

Be ware.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Miss Foxy

I am sad for those innocent babies..