Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Primadawn

I'm with Michele! Diamonds!!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Amy I have learned a long time ago, a man can never spend enough or be romantic enough, the last time I was trying to be romantic it was raining and I threw my coat over a water puddle and she stepped on my coat, the only problem was my coat was floating and the puddle was 4 feet deep, you can bet your butt that cost me but it was worth it.
Men can feel free to be romantic and all. I just don't think it's fair to set ya'll up on this one day out of the year where women seem to demand expensive gifts to make their man prove he loves her. Seems stupid to me.

~Amy
Old 01-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Low maintenance.

Low maintenance.

High maintnance!!!

Hmmm...may have to adjust previous judgement...

Thing is, I tend to pay for the vacation!

~Amy
Old 01-06-2010, 12:11 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
Ben, you may have to re-think that statement if you knew how much I spend on good underwear. I don't go cheap on that.
Pics or shens.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:49 PM
CAMPO

I like Valentines Day for a few reasons...it was the "holiday" when my hubby proposed to me (5 yrs ago this year! wow!), I like sweets....and it is a great reminder for guys to remember that "special someone" in their life to send a meaningful token on their love....whether that is diamonds, roses, card, etc... cause lets face it - most men need a little reminder from time to time

Old 01-06-2010, 03:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

Everyday is Valentine's Day
Old 01-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Twinsmama

I don't like Valentines Day much either. I don't like flowers much, don't really care for chochlate and not much on being romanced. I know I'm weird but I have this thing against men being soft and romantic. Don't bash me I said I know it's weird. I usually buy a cake or cookies or something for the kids. My anniversary is 2 weeks after Valentines Day so we do usually go out to dinner on that night. I've only gotten flowers 2 times since I've met my husband (13 years ago) and that is just fine with me. However that being said I do expect to drive around in a new truck, have a new 4 wheeler, etc. I don't want much so usually if I want something I get it.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPO View Post
I like Valentines Day for a few reasons...it was the "holiday" when my hubby proposed to me (5 yrs ago this year! wow!), I like sweets....and it is a great reminder for guys to remember that "special someone" in their life to send a meaningful token on their love....whether that is diamonds, roses, card, etc... cause lets face it - most men need a little reminder from time to time

You know Campo if we would get reminded from time to time, instead of once every blue moon we would be better at it.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Pics or shens.
Definitely.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Men can feel free to be romantic and all. I just don't think it's fair to set ya'll up on this one day out of the year where women seem to demand expensive gifts to make their man prove he loves her. Seems stupid to me.

~Amy
Yup, I am with you on this one!! It's such a cliche to get the whole candy, roses, blah blah blah...I am not the romantic type at all! I like a man that can get his hands dirty and is oblivious to the quotes I text him..