Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Black Mamba
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Valentine's Day

I just came back home a hour ago from Wal-Mart and the stores are already prepping up for V-day. Then Costco is taking orders already for long stemmed roses ($75). I can't imagine spending that much money on something that I cannot eat. $75 can buy a killer dinner.

The only thing I do like about V-day are the teddy bears. I'm sucker for any and all teddy bears.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-05-2010, 10:44 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
I just came back home a hour ago from Wal-Mart and the stores are already prepping up for V-day. Then Costco is taking orders already for long stemmed roses ($75). I can't imagine spending that much money on something that I cannot eat. $75 can buy a killer dinner.

The only thing I do like about V-day are the teddy bears. I'm sucker for any and all teddy bears.

I'm with ya on the roses. Waste of money. I'd rather have a real plant or food, like you said. I'm just not a big fan of Valentine's Day. Seems like a way to get men in trouble for not spending enough money or not being romantic enough.


~Amy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,788
Default

For me it's big flowers, expensive chocolate and diamonds galore! Of course that may have something to do with me still being single
Oh well!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2010, 10:53 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

I'd much rather save the money and go on a nice vacation together. Someday I will travel the world.


~Amy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-06-2010, 12:38 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
I just came back home a hour ago from Wal-Mart and the stores are already prepping up for V-day. Then Costco is taking orders already for long stemmed roses ($75). I can't imagine spending that much money on something that I cannot eat. $75 can buy a killer dinner.

The only thing I do like about V-day are the teddy bears. I'm sucker for any and all teddy bears.
Low maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I'm with ya on the roses. Waste of money. I'd rather have a real plant or food, like you said. I'm just not a big fan of Valentine's Day. Seems like a way to get men in trouble for not spending enough money or not being romantic enough.


~Amy
Low maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
For me it's big flowers, expensive chocolate and diamonds galore! Of course that may have something to do with me still being single
Oh well!
High maintnance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I'd much rather save the money and go on a nice vacation together. Someday I will travel the world.


~Amy
Hmmm...may have to adjust previous judgement...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Black Mamba
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ben, you may have to re-think that statement if you knew how much I spend on good underwear. I don't go cheap on that.

But everything else I'm pretty simple on.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Silverback
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I'm with ya on the roses. Waste of money. I'd rather have a real plant or food, like you said. I'm just not a big fan of Valentine's Day. Seems like a way to get men in trouble for not spending enough money or not being romantic enough.


~Amy
Amy I have learned a long time ago, a man can never spend enough or be romantic enough, the last time I was trying to be romantic it was raining and I threw my coat over a water puddle and she stepped on my coat, the only problem was my coat was floating and the puddle was 4 feet deep, you can bet your butt that cost me but it was worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-06-2010, 04:30 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
Ben, you may have to re-think that statement if you knew how much I spend on good underwear. I don't go cheap on that.

But everything else I'm pretty simple on.
That's not high maintenance, that's just good advertising!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-06-2010, 04:40 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,788
Default

Check you out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's not high maintenance, that's just good advertising!
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-06-2010, 04:56 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Check you out!
Hey, I can spit some good game when I put my mind to it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.