Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Robertboxerboy

I'll be damned if the Islamic cultures takes over the world. I would have no problem with them (not supporting the culture), but they're just so pyscho! It drives me insane that they around where our lord Jesus Christ walked and lived, and yet, they pray to Allah. Not God. I just can't comprehend it.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
This is not a race issue, it's a culture issue. So take your narrow-minded bigotry somewhere else.
LOL .... it isn't a race issue, but Blade was speaking about muslims taking over his area and how their food smells ... i was simply pointing out that it is probably a combination of hindus, muslims and sikhs seeing as they all cook with the same spices ... so stop crying
Old 01-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Indian food looks bad and doesn't smell the greatest; however, it is absolutely delicious! I would eat it so much that the smell literally started coming out of my skin pores and made my apartment smell strange.
lol...Ewww..I can only imagine stinky!!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
LOL .... it isn't a race issue, but Blade was speaking about muslims taking over his area and how their food smells ... i was simply pointing out that it is probably a combination of hindus, muslims and sikhs seeing as they all cook with the same spices ... so stop crying
It doesn't change the racist nature of your remark. To classify all hindus, muslims, sikhs, etc. as "brown people" is racist and just because you might be one of those "brown people" doesn't mean you can say it without being called out for what you are.

I'm sick of this double-standard when it comes to racism.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It doesn't change the racist nature of your remark. To classify all hindus, muslims, sikhs, etc. as "brown people" is racist and just because you might be one of those "brown people" doesn't mean you can say it without being called out for what you are.

I'm sick of this double-standard when it comes to racism.
Thank you. Well said!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I have never heard anyone ever refer to any person as a "brown" person before

Lest we forget that there are white Islamists also...
Old 01-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Stump Rules!

Hey I'm offended!

I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I have never heard anyone ever refer to any person as a "brown" person before

Lest we forget that there are white Islamists also...

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Hey I'm offended!

I think...
Old 01-07-2010, 02:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Thank you. Well said!
No problem. What really torqued me off was that this thread was talking about culture not skin color. Culture has more to do with ethnicity, which is not necessarily related to race. RNC dragged the race card into this in order to falsely characterize it as a racial issue. It's the ignorance and bigotry of people like him that make the average American afraid to even recognize this as a problem, for fear of being called names and insulted.

And if someone out there doesn't know the difference between a race and an ethnic group, then I seriously suggest that they take a Sociology class.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:25 PM

I really believe that we must settle downn all this scare-mongering.

I for one sometimes have reservations about "british culture" being eroded and immigration issues.

However there are a few things to mention here, the Lord knows what is happening here, he is not blind to this.

Now there are a few things that I know that the Bible never states that it intends to rule and run government, that it means to administrate countries?

The Gospel message is clear, prepare yourself for struggle, for hardship, for persecution. Not for wealth, power and rule. I only pray that if i was under rulership of a muslim state that I would continnue to worship my lord, and to serve thee state well and honour it without compriming what I am commanded

This may well be God's plan, for all we know.

What we can also take from this is the call to spread the Gospel to people we meet. Just because someone is a Muslim does not mean we cannot preach the Gospel to them! Jesus had witnesses, there are none for Muhammad when he went to isolation.

And remember we are called to love our enemies. And for me it is easy to love someone similar to me, it is harder for me to love people with different ways, ideas, smells, culture and so forth but I am commanded to and that is the challenge. Even an evil man shows love to the people he likes.

So with regards to this, do not fear, do noot be anxious, just trust in our lord.