Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Ladies first.
do you really want to be mentioned as "a forum naughty" in next weeks video blog

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Jim Ed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I was born June 11, I'm sure someone famous has the same birthday. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-06-2010, 12:12 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,298
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
do you really want to be mentioned as "a forum naughty" in next weeks video blog

Dave, don't threaten with something like that, it's too horrible to bear!



__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Mac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I just don't understand how you can always be so incredibly mean to me Mac
Ive gotta get my shots in before you get yours LOL.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,786
Default

So...that whole girl in the pink dress cryin' don't work on you anymore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Ive gotta get my shots in before you get yours LOL.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Mac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
So...that whole girl in the pink dress cryin' don't work on you anymore?
No , because i know that as soon as i say im sorry , and follow that with a pm asking your ok , and when i get no responce from either of those , sending you a text saying im sorry , ill then get a big

" you big sissy , your to easy"


Ive caught on to your ways
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,478
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
its the start.

Let me explain to you. We're at the same latitude as parts of the US and Canada that always see these tempritures at this time of year. The thing that stops us from freezing is known as the Gulf Stream, its warm water from the Gulf Of Mexico that rises up through the Atlantic.

As the heat rises on Earth, the Ice caps turn to COLD water and they head south. Cold meets hot, which explains why we are begining to hear of things like tornado in this part of the world. anyway, when the Cold water goes south it puts out the Gulf Stream...and we freeze.

A direct consquence...so stop posting smart alec comments and use your brain.
Where did you get that info? From the book Crock O'Shyte?


Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Where did you get that info? From the book Crock O'Shyte?


Thats not the only thing thats changing. Just like there are currents of warm/cold water within the seas that keep places like Britian warm when its geographical location should have it under snow each year....is something called The Jet Stream...thats currents of warm/cold air high in the atmosphere. The jet stream thats usually rushing over northern Europe....is blowing over central Africa at the moment.

The Jet stream is less reliable though it shifts alot due to atmospheric disturbances and the likes. If you have a big tropic storm say...oh over Alabama.. then you change the pressure bars across the whole globe and that can lead to all manner of winds blowing in different places to usual...but a generally hotter planet will actually cause Heat and Cold to mix more often, and its the heat meeting the cold that causes tropical storms and the likes...but its unpredictable so you could say that the moving jetstream is based on any one thing like humans contribution to rising tempritures on earth

Let me make this explicitly clear. Global Warming and Global Cooling are NATURAL processes. All we are doing is speeding up a natural process. The Planet has natural defences against this. Raise the Tempriture of Earth, and the Planet will simply do things that will drop the Tempriture...thats why Global Warming will lead to an Ice Age....Dont be nieve enough to be one of those people who wonders why certain parts of the Earth are getting COLDER because of Global Warming....it leads to COLD...the snow..IS the evidence

...and guess what...when the tempriture falls to much...the Earth will reheat itself. Besides...the Ice Age brings around different environments that benefits other animals...the Sea levels will rise...places like Egypt will become fertile again, and the land masses at the poles, will probably be habitable

Our Planet can exist without any icecaps, and it can exist as a completely covered ball of ice. Dont be alarmed. BUT if I were you, i'd try not to live on a flood plain its the floods...which you might have seen in England over the last three years, that will increase.

If you want to visit Bangladesh...do it now...it might be a while before you see that country again once the levels rise...but if you do have an eon with nowt to do...you can wait around for the poles to re-freeze and the country will be habitable again
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-08-2010, 03:30 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,478
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Thats not the only thing thats changing. Just like there are currents of warm/cold water within the seas that keep places like Britian warm when its geographical location should have it under snow each year....is something called The Jet Stream...thats currents of warm/cold air high in the atmosphere. The jet stream thats usually rushing over northern Europe....is blowing over central Africa at the moment.

The Jet stream is less reliable though it shifts alot due to atmospheric disturbances and the likes. If you have a big tropic storm say...oh over Alabama.. (><) then you change the pressure bars across the whole globe and that can lead to all manner of winds blowing in different places to usual...but a generally hotter planet will actually cause Heat and Cold to mix more often, and its the heat meeting the cold that causes tropical storms and the likes...but its unpredictable so you could say that the moving jetstream is based on any one thing like humans contribution to rising tempritures on earth

Let me make this explicitly clear. Global Warming and Global Cooling are NATURAL processes. All we are doing is speeding up a natural process. The Planet has natural defences against this. Raise the Tempriture of Earth, and the Planet will simply do things that will drop the Tempriture...thats why Global Warming will lead to an Ice Age....Dont be nieve enough to be one of those people who wonders why certain parts of the Earth are getting COLDER because of Global Warming....it leads to COLD...the snow..IS the evidence

...and guess what...when the tempriture falls to much...the Earth will reheat itself. Besides...the Ice Age brings around different environments that benefits other animals...the Sea levels will rise...places like Egypt will become fertile again, and the land masses at the poles, will probably be habitable

Our Planet can exist without any icecaps, and it can exist as a completely covered ball of ice. Dont be alarmed. BUT if I were you, i'd try not to live on a flood plain its the floods...which you might have seen in England over the last three years, that will increase.

If you want to visit Bangladesh...do it now...it might be a while before you see that country again once the levels rise...but if you do have an eon with nowt to do...you can wait around for the poles to re-freeze and the country will be habitable again

Yep. That is the book that I am talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-08-2010, 04:26 AM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

per wikipedia

May 3


* 612 – Constantine III, Byzantine Emperor (d. 641)
* 1415 – Cecily Neville, mother of Edward IV of England and Richard III of England (d. 1495)
* 1428 – Pedro González de Mendoza, Spanish cardinal and statesman (d. 1495)
* 1446 – Margaret of York, wife of Charles I, Duke of Burgundy (d. 1503)
* 1469 – Niccolò Machiavelli, Italian historian and political author (d. 1527)
* 1662 – Matthäus Daniel Pöppelmann, German architect (d. 1736)
* 1695 – Henri Pitot, Italian-born French engineer (d. 1771)
* 1713 – Alexis Clairault, French mathematician (d. 1765)
* 1761 – August von Kotzebue, German dramatist (d. 1819)
* 1764 – Elisabeth of France, sister of Louis XVI, guillotined (d. 1794)
* 1768 – Charles Tennant, Scottish chemist and industrialist (d. 1838)
* 1826 – Charles, Crown Prince of Sweden-Norway (d. 1872)
* 1835 – Alfred Austin, English poet (d. 1913)
* 1844 – Richard D'Oyly Carte, English theatrical impresario (d. 1901)
* 1849 – Jacob August Riis, American journalist (d. 1914)
* 1849 – Bernhard von Bülow, Chancellor of Germany (d. 1929)
* 1857 – George Gore, American baseball player (d. 1933)
* 1859 – Andy Adams, American author (d. 1935)
* 1860 – John Scott Haldane, Scottish physiologist (d. 1936)
* 1860 – Vito Volterra, Italian mathematician (d. 1940)
* 1861 – Emmett Dalton, American outlaw (d. 1937)
* 1867 – J.T. Hearne, English cricketer (d. 1944)
* 1870 – Princess Helena Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein (d. 1948)
* 1873 – Pavlo Skoropadsky, Ukrainian general (d. 1945)
* 1874 – François Coty, French perfume manufacturer (d. 1934)
* 1874 – V. Walfrid Ekman, Swedish oceanographer (d. 1954)
* 1877 – Karl Abraham, German psychoanalyst (d. 1925)
* 1879 – Fergus McMaster, Australian businessman (d. 1950)
* 1886 – Marcel Dupré, French organist and composer (d. 1971)
* 1887 – Marika Kotopouli, Greek actress (d. 1954)
* 1888 – Beulah Bondi, American actress (d. 1981)
* 1891 – Tadeusz Peiper, Polish poet (d. 1969)
* 1892 – George Paget Thomson, English physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1975)
* 1893 – Konstantine Gamsakhurdia, Georgian writer and public benefactor (d. 1975)
* 1895 – Cornelius Van Til, philosopher and Christian apologist (d. 1987)
* 1896 – Dodie Smith, English novelist and playwright (d. 1990)
* 1896 – Karl Allmenroder, German World War I Ace (d. 1917)
* 1898 – Golda Meir, Prime Minister of Israel (d. 1978)
* 1901 – Gino Cervi, Italian actor (d. 1974)
* 1902 – Alfred Kastler, French physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1984)
* 1903 – Bing Crosby, American singer and actor (d. 1977)
* 1905 – Werner Fenchel, German mathematician (d. 1988)
* 1906 – Anna E. Roosevelt, American radio personality, daughter of Franklin Delano Roosevelt (d. 1975)
* 1906 – Mary Astor, Academy Award-winning American actress (d. 1987)
* 1907 – Dorothy Young, American entertainer
* 1910 – Norman Corwin, American radio pioneer
* 1912 – Virgil Fox, American organist (d. 1980)
* 1913 – William Inge, American playwright (d. 1973)
* 1915 – Stu Hart, Canadian professional wrestler and trainer (d. 2003)
* 1916 – Léopold Simoneau, French Canadian tenor (d. 2006)
* 1917 – Betty Comden, American lyricist (d. 2006)
* 1918 – Ted Bates, English former footballer (d. 2003)
* 1919 – John Cullen Murphy, American comic strip artist (d. 2004)
* 1919 – Pete Seeger, American singer
* 1920 – John Lewis, American jazz pianist and composer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 2001)
* 1921 – Sugar Ray Robinson, American boxer (d. 1989)
* 1921 – Joe Ames, American singer (d. 2007)
* 1922 – Len Shackleton, English former footballer (d. 2000)
* 1923 – Ralph Hall, American politician
* 1923 – George Hadjinikos, Greek pianist and conductor
* 1924 – Yehuda Amichai, Israeli poet (d. 2000)
* 1924 – Ken Tyrrell, English founder of eponymous F1 racing team (d. 2001)
* 1926 – Ann B. Davis, American actress Alice on The Brady Bunch
* 1928 – Dave Dudley, American singer (d. 2003)
* 1932 – Robert Osborne, American film historian
* 1933 – James Brown, American singer and dancer (d. 2006)
* 1933 – Steven Weinberg, American physicist, Nobel laureate
* 1933 – Alex Cord, American actor
* 1934 – Henry Cooper, English boxer
* 1934 – Georges Moustaki, Egyptian born Greek-French singer and songwriter
* 1934 – Frankie Valli, American singer (The Four Seasons)
* 1935 – Ron Popeil, American inventor
* 1937 – Nélida Piñon, Brazilian writer
* 1938 – Chris Cannizzaro, American baseball player
* 1940 – Konrad "Conny" Plank, German record producer and musician
* 1940 – Clemens Westerhof, Dutch football manager
* 1941 – Edward "Monk" Malloy, American university president
* 1942 – Věra Čáslavská, Czech gymnast
* 1942 – Dave Marash, American journalist
* 1942 – C.L. Otter, American politician, governor of Idaho
* 1943 – Jim Risch, American politician, junior senator of Idaho
* 1945 – Davey Lopes, American baseball player and coach
* 1946 – Norm Chow, American football coach
* 1946 – Greg Gumbel, American broadcaster
* 1946 – Silvino Francisco, South African snooker player
* 1948 – Chris Mulkey, American actor
* 1947 – Doug Henning, Canadian magician (d. 2000)
* 1949 – Ron Wyden, American politician, senior senator of Oregon
* 1949 – Ken Hom, Chinese American Chef
* 1951 – Christopher Cross, American musician
* 1951 – Tatyana Tolstaya, Russian writer
* 1952 – Charles Baldwin, American political figure
* 1952 – Caitlin Clarke. American actress (d. 2004)
* 1952 – Allan Wells, British athlete
* 1954 – Gary Young, American drummer (Pavement)
* 1955 – David Hookes, Australian cricketer (d. 2004)
* 1956 – Marc Bellemare, French Canadian lawyer and politician
* 1957 – Rod Langway, American ice hockey player
* 1958 – Kevin Kilner, American actor
* 1958 – Sandi Toksvig, Danish born writer and broadcaster
* 1958 – Susanna Kwan, Hong Kong singer
* 1959 – David Ball, English musician (Soft Cell)
* 1959 – Uma Bharati, Indian politician
* 1959 – Ben Elton, British comedian and author
* 1960 – Amy Steel, American actress
* 1961 – Steve McClaren, English football manager
* 1961 – Joe Murray, American cartoonist
* 1961 – David Vitter, American politician, junior senator of Louisiana
* 1962 – Anders Graneheim, Swedish bodybuilder
* 1963 – Jeff Hornacek, American basketball player
* 1963 – Jamie Reeves, British strongman
* 1963 – Sally Whittaker, English actress
* 1964 – Ron Hextall, Canadian ice hockey player
* 1965 – Rob Brydon, Welsh comedian
* 1965 – Nina Garcia, Colombian-American fashion expert and television personality
* 1965 – John Jensen, Danish footballer
* 1965 – Mikhail Prokhorov, Russian self-made billionaire
* 1966 – Peter Abbay, American actor
* 1966 – Firdous Bamji, Indian-American actor
* 1966 – Darren Morgan, Welsh snooker player
* 1968 – Shane Minor, American singer
* 1969 – Daryl F. Mallett, American writer/editor
* 1970 – Jeffrey Sebelia, American fashion designer
* 1971 – Damon Dash, American label executive
* 1971 – Josey Scott, American singer (Saliva)
* 1972 – Shonie Carter, American MMA fighter
* 1972 – Suzi Suzuki, former Japanese adult actress
* 1973 – Brad Martin, American musician
* 1973 – Rea Garvey, Irish musician
* 1974 – Princess Haya bint Hussein of Jordan
* 1974 – Peter Everitt, Australian football player
* 1975 – Willie Geist, American television personality
* 1975 – Christina Hendricks, American actress
* 1975 – Dulé Hill, American actor
* 1975 – Maksim Mrvica, Croatian pianist
* 1975 – Eva Santolaria, Spanish actress
* 1976 – Jeff Halpern, American ice hockey player
* 1977 – Mashima Hiro, Japanese Mangaka of Rave Master and Fairy Tail
* 1977 – Ryan Dempster, American baseball player
* 1977 – Tyronn Lue, American basketball player
* 1978 – Paul Banks, American vocalist (Interpol)
* 1978 – Autumn Phillips, member of the British royal family
* 1978 – Lawrence Tynes, American football player
* 1979 – Steve Mack, American professional wrestler
* 1980 – Zuzana Ondrášková, Czech tennis player
* 1980 – Marcel Vigneron, American chef (Top Chef)
* 1981 – Farrah Franklin, American singer (former member of Destiny's Child)
* 1982 – Igor Olshansky, Ukrainian-born American football player
* 1983 – Joseph Addai, American football player
* 1983 – Romeo Castelen, Dutch footballer
* 1983 – Márton Fülöp, Hungarian footballer
* 1983 – Myriam Fares, Lebanese singer
* 1990 – Levi Johnston, American subject of scrutiny during the 2008 United States presidential election
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.