Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 01-04-2010, 10:25 PM
philips4

Thursday, January 7th on FOX the second season of "Fringe" starts!! Waa hoo this is my favorite tv show! Okay, its a little weird more along the lines of the X-files if I could compare it to anything, with maybe a little more blood and violence (with no aliens but perhaps a parallel universe)! Basically an FBI gal getting help w/ a crazy scientist who use to experiment on humans and his son investigate weird crimes/deaths, etc involving neuroscience, pryrokinesis, etc. and in a typical manner they are trying to stop the bad guys from all the weird things and blowing up the world (well, from the alternate universe people who wrecked their world from taking ours I think, but you get the idea)

Okay, that does sound strange when written down, certainly not a chick flick but that is why I like it!!! My next fav. new show coming back Jan. 13th on TNT is "Leverage" This stars Timothy Hutton and a group of misfits (ex. bad guys, thieves, etc.) that use their "skills" to get revenge on the big guy who has taken advantage of the small guy. Like a modern day Robin Hood.

Soo, Yes billwilliams70...... you have to watch it and Mark is that good enough of a review for you
Old 01-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
I always watch "Man Vs Food", think that show's pretty cool.
Later.
Me to bill ,He did one up in springfield here a month or so ago.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Mac

Just watched the disney movie " UP" with the boys, thought it was one of the better ones ive seen.

as for regular tv i WONT miss the office. absolutley love that show.

Been wanting to see that district 9 so ill have to check it out .
Old 01-04-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I give it a 5.5
out of how many?

[
Old 01-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
A Perfect Getaway was good.
Yes it was.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Just watched the disney movie " UP" with the boys, thought it was one of the better ones ive seen.

as for regular tv i WONT miss the office. absolutley love that show.

Been wanting to see that district 9 so ill have to check it out .
yeah The Office is a can't miss. I like 30 Rock most of the time and of course Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

[
Old 01-05-2010, 04:01 AM
Primadawn

I watched Inglorious Basterds on NYE--typical Tarantino...it was ok but not great.

Watched "Defiance" yesterday--was really good! 2 philips4 thumbs up!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I watched Inglorious Basterds on NYE--typical Tarantino...it was ok but not great.

Watched "Defiance" yesterday--was really good! 2 philips4 thumbs up!
I give it 2 thumbs up.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:53 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Tonight, me, Mark and Boomer went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was okay. I had trouble understanding half of what was being said by the main characters, but I'm not sure if that was a fault of the sound system or just the fact that British accents are normally pretty tough to understand.

Overall though the movie was pretty slow with not a whole lot exciting going on. I can't really recommend it.
Aw man, I don't think that I could disagree with you more about this movie! I've been a big fan of Guy Ritchie's directing for awhile now & I think that his style was perfect for bringing Holmes to life. The way he jumped back to display the clues Sherlock found was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing & can't wait for when the eventual sequel comes out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
It's the off-season for most TV shows so Kelli and I watched the first season of Dexter. We started watching during the 2nd season so now it's cool to go back and see what we missed. Very cool show.
Dude, I love me some Dexter! Fantastic show, Deb's the best character ever & she only gets better as the seasons go on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Watching the movie District 9 now....be back for the review.
O man, another fantastic movie! Made for pennies on the dollar & it came out fantastic. The way that the cinematography mirrors the protagonist's metamorphosis was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
yeah The Office is a can't miss. I like 30 Rock most of the time and of course Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
This. + jaun.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 AM
Black Mamba

Now that I'm on break, I get to my fry my brain.

TV
Man Vs. Food, Taboo, Bridezilla re-runs, Plantium Weddings/Babies, Everest thingy on discovery, Big Love (new episodes next week), Steven Seagal: Lawman, Family Guy, South Park, Spongebob, Deadliest Catch re-runs, Iron Chef America, I Want To Work For Diddy 2, and dabbing alittle in True Blood.

Movies

Paranormal Activity, District 9, You Don't Mess With the Zohan, and Public Enemies