Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-03-2010, 05:21 AM
Robertboxerboy

Default Alot of questions

My walk of faith has been a very slow, gradual process. I'm starting to take larger steps and with that, of course comes questions.

1) Is there an unforgivable sin?

2) Because I believe in jesus christ, does that mean I am saved no matter what?

3) Is it ok to ask GOD for help alot? Or would he rather us love him (which i do with all my heart), and not us always asking for help (which i also do)

and i am sure i will have many more questions later
Old 01-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Robertboxerboy

heres another

4) is it ok to question my faith, I always find myself asking questions about GOD and my faith, would that be concidered 'disowning'?
Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Administrator

1. Yes, there is an unpardonable sin, but if you are already a believer, then it is impossible to commit it. So no worries there. Just the fact that you are worried about committing it means that you haven't committed it.

2. Well that depends on how you define "belief." Just acknowledging that there was a guy named Jesus Christ walking around the Middle East about 2000 years ago isn't enough. You have to believe that He was the only, true Son of GOD, GOD-incarnate and born of a virgin. If you truly believe this, then it will affect everything you do for the rest of your life. That is the evidence of belief.

3. GOD wants you to depend on Him for everything. Even Jesus asked for help from the Father, so why should we think that it would be any different for us?

4. The Bible never asks for blind faith. GOD wants us to question everything; but go to Him for the answers and don't get caught up and misled by human wisdom and philosophies.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:18 PM

1 Peter 5:6 "Humble yourselves, therefore under the mighty hand of god so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you"

Says it right there for ya brother, cast all your worries to him whether large, small or trivial, he wants to know, he wants you to turn to him.

hope that helps
Old 01-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertboxerboy View Post
My walk of faith has been a very slow, gradual process. I'm starting to take larger steps and with that, of course comes questions.

1) Is there an unforgivable sin?

2) Because I believe in jesus christ, does that mean I am saved no matter what?

3) Is it ok to ask GOD for help alot? Or would he rather us love him (which i do with all my heart), and not us always asking for help (which i also do)

and i am sure i will have many more questions later
1) That is a Theological Question of which there doesnt seem to be a direct answer. Theologically speaking their are two main answers. The first is that the unforgivable sin, is infact a failiure to accept the free gift of Eternal Life that GOD offers. GOD can not save people who refuse to believe who he is, and the unforgivable sin in the Scriptures is called "Blaspemy Against The Spirit" in other words, perhaps it is simply a denial of Christ. Anyone who is not saved is condemned because they have committed this sin, by default, in not accepting Christ. Therefore it is a sin impossible to a Christian who is Saved. This of course doesnt include those who believe they are saved but who are not really Christians

The Other thought, is one that various denominations have in recent years shyed away from. This is that the unforgiveable sin is one that can be made by Christians and Non Christians in the form of Suicide. They justify this in two ways, first by saying there is no worse thing you can do to GOD then to throw his gift of life back in his face. If that isnt the ultimate blasphemous act, what is? The other reason they say it is because it is a sin that you cant repent of, being that you are already dead after the act, and thus cant repent of the act. This means the sin cant be forgotten by GOD because you cant repent of it before your death.

The truth is, its not clear what it is, or how it works.

2) The Expression is Sola Fide Which means "Only Faith" The truth of the matter is Sanctification seems to happen in two stages. The first is the act of conversion, the second is a progression of faith. The first is something that is a choice that you have to make. GOD offers you Heaven if you Believe. If you accept, then you are given the free gift of Salvation by His Grace, at that point The Holy Spirit dwells inside you, from that point on your name is in the book of life, because when you die, GOD will spare you by seeing a part of himself in you, and will perfect you entirely after Judgement. For this process Faith alone is good enough. The problem is that its difficult to proove who is a Christian, and who is just saying they are, or who might believe they are when they are not. That is something between the creator and the created.

The second process is about the Spirit working alongside the human spirit in order to begin the process of cleansing. a side effect of this is the production of good works, as one becomes more and more like, and more and more close to, Christ. Its not a matter of forcing someone to do good works, its a matter of if your journey with Christ is progressing, it will naturally happen, it wont be a chore, it will become second nature. The problem again with this is that no two relationships between the created and creator are the same. We are told losely to judge by the fruit and gifts...but we can not test the heart of the individual we are studying. The danger is that they are a late developer, and because we dont see the works we expect, we assume and judge that they dont have the Spirit in them to begin with.

3) The more you love someone, the more you want to communicate with them. Is that not so for the Temporal people around you? GOD perceives Love in several ways. Firstly he values contact. He knows what help you need before you ask for it, but he WANTS you to specifically ask for it. He says "Ye have not, because Ye ask not" Secondly he is pleased by Good works, and he is pleased by acknowlegment of who he is, and treating him accordingly. Would you ignore someone you loved? of course not! Would you neglect someone you loved? of course not...would you not want to be with the person you loved, and to talk to them all day everyday...about everything? I think you certainly would. So it should be with GOD. Finally GOD perceives Love in our response to His morality code and his direction. He perceives we love him when we follow his commandments. When we do what he says. When we trust that he knows best and when we follow his direction.

So the two are linked. The more you Love, the more you will speak to him.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertboxerboy View Post
heres another

4) is it ok to question my faith, I always find myself asking questions about GOD and my faith, would that be concidered 'disowning'?
4) You must question your faith, for two really important reasons. First Jesus commands that we seek with everything we have...not just scan the horrizon and settle with the first interpretation, but that we search with all our minds, and strength...this means constantly going over and re-evaluating what we think. Often its not a case of changin our minds...its about increasing the depth of revelation. Its about understanding more accurately, not about dismissing what we already know.

Besides...unless you question...how do you know? If the Truth is Truth, then no amount of Questioning can change that. But if its not Truth...well...you dont want it anyway do you...which leads me onto the second reason why its important to question.

The reason is the nature of true Evil. True Evil appears to be good at first sight. That presents a major problem to people who just believe without good grounding. They cant tell the difference between a truth...and a False truth...between the light...and the false light.

Bear in mind that Lucifer is not so much the master of lies, as the master of half truthes...thats how he appears convincing, and how he fools people. Lets go back and take his very first lie. He told Eve that if she ate from the Tree of The Knowledge of Goodness and Evil, she would become like GOD himself. Well, thats not a complete lie. Firstly, the Knowledge of the difference between right and wrong, separates us from being Animals. In terms of the Temporal World we really are quite GOD like. Secondly...Eating from the Tree of Life after Eating from the Tree of the Knowledge of Goodness and Evil WOULD have made us like GOD.

So...it was a half truth...It wasnt obviously a lie. Now, if you dont question and you dont have a good grounding in the whole truth...then when the next "Messiah" arrives and claims to be Christ...you just might accidently be fooled and follow him. Scriptures warn that the end times are full of frauds and fakes who mislead scores of people.. Questioning, will hopefully allow us to examine how a Truth that is given to us by someone who appears GODly, matches up with THE Truth given to us by THE GOD. Enough so we might be able to discern any dangerous little twists, dangerous little half truthes, which are the true stamp of evil and what is false light.

I've said else where that I can cope Saints and I can Cope with Demons...the obvious right and the obvious wrong...but what I hate most is The Snake...a Saint that turns out to be a Demon be on your guard. This is a war