Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-04-2010, 03:26 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I have just 7 purchases from iTunes.My computer crashed and the hard drive had to be replaced wiping out everything.I got it fixed, reinstalled iTunes, but only 3 of the 7 purchases are there.I look in my account and it shows be the 7 I had bought but....how do I get those back into my iTunes? Is that not possible?

Help please?
i think you just might have to re-purchase the songs you are missing but because you bought them once they give you a discounted price the second time around...
try backing up your stuff from now on and you will avoid this problem in the future.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Stump Rules!

Yes Sir

I have everything burned into CD's ( I'm not an idiot) I just didnt want to go thru the hassle of finding them and doing it but I am...right this very moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i think you just might have to re-purchase the songs you are missing but because you bought them once they give you a discounted price the second time around...
try backing up your stuff from now on and you will avoid this problem in the future.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Stump Rules!

That's just too many new things to learn and I don't have much to work with...oh wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
I know it wouldn't really help your cause now, but you should seriously think about backing up your files to an external as well.....just do a monthly merge of the new songs onto the external as well.

Now, I don't have iTunes, so I can't speak from iTunes experience, but this I can say....I have a Zune, and I don't use the Zune Marketplace at all. I download ALL of my music from Amazon's Digital Downloads. I DL my music to the computer, place 'em all in a "Bill's Zune File" folder and tell the Zune software where to look for the files. That way I don't have any "recent purchased" stuff out there. Should anything crash, I have my stuff backed up on an external.

With all that said, I will be switching to an iPod soon. I fought it long enough, and it's an iPod world. My wife's 09 Honda Pilot is compatible with the iPod and the iPod controls can be accessed through the steering wheel controls.....so it's kinda forcing my hand. I will be doing the very same thing with iTunes that I have done with my Zune though.

Maybe it'll help in the future.

Later.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:48 AM
Chuck

Quote:
NO!!!

You don't need to do that!!

I'll tell you how to do it tomorrow, I promise!!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:53 AM
Stump Rules!

And if we had a nickel for every time someone said that to us.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
NO!!!

You don't need to do that!!

I'll tell you how to do it tomorrow, I promise!!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:08 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
I have just 7 purchases from iTunes.My computer crashed and the hard drive had to be replaced wiping out everything.I got it fixed, reinstalled iTunes, but only 3 of the 7 purchases are there.I look in my account and it shows be the 7 I had bought but....how do I get those back into my iTunes? Is that not possible?

Help please?
You actually buy stuff for your ipod.... O_o
Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 AM
Stump Rules!

Only on occasion.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Quote:
And if we had a nickel for every time someone said that to us.....
Apple may have changed it's terms of service so Brad may actually be right. I've lost music before due to a crashed hard drive and I went into: my account then into purchase history and was able to download them again.

I don't know if Apple changed it's policies or if the last time I did it they "authorized" it as I do remember talking to them before I did it.

I emailed them (Apple) and I'll let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Of course by NOW you could have emailed them yourself and figured it out!