Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-03-2010, 05:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No.

Unless you commit the unforgiveable sin...but just what that is, is not easy to define, possibly suicide, possibly not, probably not something you can actually do IF you are propally saved.

But not all people who claim to be Saved are in the first place. You do actually need to be Saved in the first place...again not easy to proove or define

(sorry was that a bit Rambling for you )
Once you are saved, then you are incapable of committing the unpardonable sin. So, no, you can never lose your salvation. Ever.

The way I've always understood it is, if there is nothing good enough we can do to earn our salvation, then there can be nothing bad enough that we can do to lose our salvation. It's just simple logic.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
What about this?

2 Timothy 2:12: "If we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us."
I believe that passage is referring to the Israelites, not necessarily Gentile believers (which would be you and I).
Old 01-03-2010, 05:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Once you are saved, then you are incapable of committing the unpardonable sin. So, no, you can never lose your salvation. Ever.
John 10:28 "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."

But it doesn't say, "No one can leave my hand."
Old 01-03-2010, 05:21 AM

Mark quoted Timonthy 2:12 from his bible with "disown" which implies having known/believed in God and then turning away from Him. In my NKJ it uses the words "deny" implying (to me) that you do not believe in the first place.

Is this what makes you ask, Mark, about "losing salvation"? Where it says, "disown"?
Old 01-03-2010, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I believe that passage is referring to the Israelites, not necessarily Gentile believers (which would be you and I).
Matthew 10:22: "...he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

Does this mean that if I dont stand firm to the end I will not be saved.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
John 10:28 "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."

But it doesn't say, "No one can leave my hand."
The Bible gives us an example of this in 1 Kings 11: 1-13:
Quote:
1 King Solomon, however, loved many foreign women besides Pharaoh's daughter—Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians and Hittites. 2 They were from nations about which the LORD had told the Israelites, "You must not intermarry with them, because they will surely turn your hearts after their gods." Nevertheless, Solomon held fast to them in love. 3 He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray. 4 As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father had been. 5 He followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and Molech the detestable god of the Ammonites. 6 So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the LORD; he did not follow the LORD completely, as David his father had done.

7 On a hill east of Jerusalem, Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the detestable god of Moab, and for Molech the detestable god of the Ammonites. 8 He did the same for all his foreign wives, who burned incense and offered sacrifices to their gods.

9 The LORD became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10 Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the LORD's command. 11 So the LORD said to Solomon, "Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates. 12 Nevertheless, for the sake of David your father, I will not do it during your lifetime. I will tear it out of the hand of your son. 13 Yet I will not tear the whole kingdom from him, but will give him one tribe for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem, which I have chosen."
So, this brings up the question: Is Solomon currently in Heaven or Hell?

If he went to Hell, then that means that we have 3 books of the Bible (Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon) that were written by a man who is sitting in Hell at this very moment. Now, if there was ever any justification for removing a book from the Bible, then I believe that would be it.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Matthew 10:22: "...he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

Does this mean that if I dont stand firm to the end I will not be saved.
I don't think the word "saved" in that verse is referring to salvation through Jesus Christ, I think it is referring to preservation from harm, which is pretty clear in verse 23 and just the overall context of the paragraph. So, that passage is talking about worldly persecutions and enduring them until Christ's Second Coming.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Is this what makes you ask, Mark, about "losing salvation"? Where it says, "disown"?
I always thought "once saved always saved". But now I am starting the think different.
Does it make cense to you that Hitler is in Heaven if he was saved at a early age?

Belief is a function of the will. No one can force a person to believe. He or she must choose to believe. Can also choose to stop believing?
Old 01-03-2010, 05:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The Bible gives us an example of this in 1 Kings 11: 1-13:

So, this brings up the question: Is Solomon currently in Heaven or Hell?

If he went to Hell, then that means that we have 3 books of the Bible (Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon) that were written by a man who is sitting in Hell at this very moment. Now, if there was ever any justification for removing a book from the Bible, then I believe that would be it.
I dont know where Solomon is do you?
I do know when One of the 12 apostles is. Where is Judas at? Was he not one of the 12 apostles?
Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Explain this one Nate
John 15:6: "If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up , thrown into the fire and burned."