Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Administrator

Default Can I Lose My Salvation

Can I Lose My Salvation after I was saved?
Old 01-03-2010, 01:55 AM
que

if it was possible to lose one's salvation then no human being would ever go to heaven. we are all sinful, evil and not worthy of Jesus Christ or his Holy Kingdom.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Old 01-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
No.

Unless you commit the unforgiveable sin...but just what that is, is not easy to define, possibly suicide, possibly not, probably not something you can actually do IF you are propally saved.

But not all people who claim to be Saved are in the first place. You do actually need to be Saved in the first place...again not easy to proove or define

(sorry was that a bit Rambling for you )
Old 01-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
if it was possible to lose one's salvation then no human being would ever go to heaven. we are all sinful, evil and not worthy of Jesus Christ or his Holy Kingdom.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Good point but I think believes is the key word.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No.

Unless you commit the unforgiveable sin...but just what that is, is not easy to define, possibly suicide, possibly not, probably not something you can actually do IF you are propally saved.

But not all people who claim to be Saved are in the first place. You do actually need to be Saved in the first place...again not easy to proove or define

So your answer is yes?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:51 AM
Stump Rules!

Which was what I was going to say.The only way to lose it is if you don't believe anymore but I can't imagine what happens to someone who goes from a believer to a nonbeliever.Are there any new nonbelievers here that can explain?
That and living a sinful life makes me wonder if someone was a believer in the first place.I think they are called "hopers" Hopers don't go to heaven

Quote:
Good point but I think believes is the key word.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-03-2010, 03:24 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
So your answer is yes?
No.

My Answer is No.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:50 AM

Quote:
yeah, if it was up to you, then you probably could. However it isn't up to you. It is up to God. When you accept His Son as your Savior, then it is not you grasping on to Him, it is Him grasping on to you. So yes you probably could, and will, let go at times, but rest assured He will never let go.
It is all about perspective. You ain't got any leverage in the deal, it would be God doing the "losing" or letting go, and He won't do that.

Short answer= NO!!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
yeah, if it was up to you, then you probably could. However it isn't up to you. It is up to God. When you accept His Son as your Savior, then it is not you grasping on to Him, it is Him grasping on to you. So yes you probably could, and will, let go at times, but rest assured He will never let go.
It is all about perspective. You ain't got any leverage in the deal, it would be God doing the "losing" or letting go, and He won't do that.

Short answer= NO!!!!!
What about this?

2 Timothy 2:12: "If we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us."
Old 01-03-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No.

So there might be people that think they are saved, but when Jesus comes will find out that they aren't. Is that what you are saying, Dave.

I read a story once, fictional, but I thought it had a good moral to it: This woman and her husband were landowners and had seasonal migrant workers who worked for them. She thought of herself as a wonderful giving person who was kind and generous to these migrants. She thought for sure she would be at the front of the line when Jesus came. But in the story, she is shocked to find herself at the end of the line behind those same migrant workers.