Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 12-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Robertboxerboy

Default what is

what is being saved? what does it feel like? how do you know if your saved? I have accepted jesus christ as my savior and that he walked this earth and died for our sins and he is god's only begotten son, i believe it all. yet i don't feel "saved"
Old 12-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertboxerboy View Post
what is being saved? what does it feel like? how do you know if your saved? I have accepted jesus christ as my savior and that he walked this earth and died for our sins and he is god's only begotten son, i believe it all. yet i don't feel "saved"
Excellent question!

By most mainstream Christian definitions you are saved brother. You recognize your need for a savior, admitted you're a sinner and have accepted Christ as your Savior and the only true path to eternal life.

Except................. you don't "feel" saved..

So what does saved feel like brother? I encourage you to walk in your faith and accept the gift of Salvation that's been extended to you. Don't rely on feelings and certainly not other peoples. What being saved feels like to you may be completely different than what it feels like to me or somebody else. Our feelings can and WILL betray us and the Bible is full of examples of that.

Ever been to a sporting event when something big happens? A touchdown? Goal? Knockout? See how all the people react? They've all just accepted the same truth but they show it and "feel" it differently. Some cheer. Some shout. Some clap. Some just smile. Same truth/facts... just felt/expressed differently.

Stand on your faith. Trust God's holy Word and receive the gift that's been given to you. Our feelings are not always the best indicator of truth.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Salvation is more about recognizing facts than trusting in feelings.

I think the best parallel we have on this earth would be marriage. What does it "feel" like to be married? I think most married people would say that that depends on when you ask them; but however they are feeling about their marriage at any particular moment doesn't change the fact that, at some point in the past, they pledged to devote the rest of their lives to one person.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Chris F

Feelings are from the flesh. We can never feel right because of our sin nature. Thus rely on your relationship with Jesus Christ and His word
Old 12-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think the best parallel we have on this earth would be marriage.
That's just because my awesome sports analogy is lost on you!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 02:11 AM
Administrator

Rom. 10: 9-10
9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Salvation is more about recognizing facts than trusting in feelings.

I think the best parallel we have on this earth would be marriage. What does it "feel" like to be married? I think
NateR this did make me laugh.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:15 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
You mean the single guy talking about what it "feels" like to be married???
Old 12-29-2009, 02:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Well, since marriage was the first human institution that GOD created, then it's logical that it would parallel salvation.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
You mean the single guy talking about what it "feels" like to be married???
Why do I need to be married to talk about marriage? Was there anything inaccurate about what I said?