Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
That would be unfair. I would hate to have to put a whippin on most of you, but if we had to. I'm calling out Atomdanger or Buc Nasty. lol
Its on like donkey kong, biiiiyatch!

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'd love to see all the previous coaches and some new ones in some sort of tournament with one fighter each, although it would make training a nightmare!

If the fighters were evenly matched my pick would be Jens, I think he's been the best coach yet.

Last edited by Buc Nasty; 01-12-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-12-2010, 04:18 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
I'd love to see all the previous coaches and some new ones in some sort of tournament with one fighter each, although it would make training a nightmare!

If the fighters were evenly matched my pick would be Jens, I think he's been the best coach yet.
I disagree. Matt's won every season he's been on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I disagree.
Good for you.

I'm not trying to be an ass here but in TUF6 he was 2-6 in the first round and the team were not united at all. They got better as it went on but Danzig won that through experience, not through some vast improvement on the show. If you look at some of the guys in TUF5 they improved noticeably under Jens.

If Big Baby had won the most recent season would you say Rampage is a better coach than Rashad?





Thought not!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-12-2010, 05:58 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Good for you.

I'm not trying to be an ass here but in TUF6 he was 2-6 in the first round and the team were not united at all. They got better as it went on but Danzig won that through experience, not through some vast improvement on the show. If you look at some of the guys in TUF5 they improved noticeably under Jens.

If Big Baby had won the most recent season would you say Rampage is a better coach than Rashad?





Thought not!
And Tommy made to the final based on what, Team sarah's fear of gingers?

Tommy was as green as Mac was experienced, so the only way he survived that season was by doing what 6 of his teammates failed to: listening to Matt. On top of that, Team Hughes was 6-6 in the house & had the only two finalists. Crappy showing in the first round, yeah, but they pulled it out in the end. If an NFL starts the season 2-6, makes it into the play-offs at 8-8, then goes on to win the Superbowl, are you going to tell me they're not really the season champions just because they bickered in the lockerroom alot? Don't play dumb, Buc, it doesn't suit you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Of course Matt helped but its ridiculous to say 6 people not listening to Matt = 6 losses. You know that is the reason they all lost do you? That's playing dumb! Tommy got through because he was one of the naturally strongest guys there. They could have been trying but just didn't have the skill or strength to carry out Matt's instructions. I only referred to the team spirit because it obviously affected them and part of Team Pulver's success came from that unity and the fact they worked hard for each other. Over the course of each series if I could have been a participant on that show (regardless of weight) I'd have chosen team Pulver (BJ fan here!) because he looked to me like the best mentor, I hope he coaches once he's done fighting.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Good for you.

If you look at some of the guys in TUF5 they improved noticeably under Jens.
Jens did Exceptionally well....lets not forget on this show, whilst there was animosity between Matt Hughes and Matt Serra...there should never have been much doubt that Matt Hughes was the better, more skilled, more professional, both in terms of himself, but also his team. Now in the case of Jens Pulver and Jay Penn...let us not kid ourselves...that would be like putting Matt Hughes as an opposite Coach to Georges Saint Pierre. Surely you see the difference. Whilst one hopes that The Formers are more skilled, more practised, better people, better teachers, and can beat the latters...the fight at the end, and the tension throughout are going to be closer and more taught. Penn isnt just someone with bad blood against Jens, he was a nemesis...he is known for his teaching school, he is known for his ethos about gaining knowledge...he is already a coach....Neither Jens, Nor Hughes were at the time...and Matt Serra doesnt count We all saw his efforts of coaching with Joey Scarolla...

As For Mac Danzig...I dont think he's in a better place now for having won it do you. As I recall wasnt Danzig the trouble maker...some sorta foolish animal philanthropist, who hated religion and pretty much hated his team....apart from the flies...I remember the bloody flies....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Over the course of each series if I could have been a participant on that show (regardless of weight) I'd have chosen team Pulver (BJ fan here!) because he looked to me like the best mentor, I hope he coaches once he's done fighting.
He's already got a place in Idaho. His Gym is called "Driven" More Accurately its Driven TC (Training Centre) I think it has close links with a clothing brand of the same name...I also think its more a collaboratory effort then a solo project. But there we are.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.