Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Oddtodd76

my most memorable moment was when i was first married to my ex. On her family's side, they gather around a circle and watch each person open up a gift. then they go to the next person and watch them open up one gift. they do this one at a time all around the room. Each time they got to me they would go...Ok, Todd, oh you don't have anything...oh ok!
Each and every time they would say that!
After about 20 times i was extremely annoyed.
Yes. i didn't recieve a single gift. yes i know...move to the next person.
HAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddtodd76 View Post
my most memorable moment was when i was first married to my ex. On her family's side, they gather around a circle and watch each person open up a gift. then they go to the next person and watch them open up one gift. they do this one at a time all around the room. Each time they got to me they would go...Ok, Todd, oh you don't have anything...oh ok!
Each and every time they would say that!
After about 20 times i was extremely annoyed.
Yes. i didn't recieve a single gift. yes i know...move to the next person.
HAHAHAHAHA
OMG!!!!!!

I always thought I was the only one that has happend to!!! My wifes family did that to me for years and years. Finally after about a decade of putting up with that crap I would just go in the other room and watch TV...

Then they had the never to call me anti-social??

I tell you one thing brother, it sure is nice living 3000+ miles from them now!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:59 PM

One year there was a "Secret Santa" exchange at work. Whoever was responsible for getting me a gift didn't bother.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:00 AM
donaldbreland

My brother and I always played pranks on each other. About 4 years ago he moved to Georgia and the Christmas before he moved I had a 5 prank streak on him and one that almost cost him a divorce. So this year he brings me 3 gifts. Not thinking about the pranks or anything I go to open the first gift and it was a bottle of air freshener, the second gift which was obvious was a roll of toilet paper and the third gift which was in a box with the plastic p-nuts on top was a turd. I reached my hand in the box and needless to say he got me. With the 3 gifts was a Christmas card with special instructions to open last was a $5.00 gift card to the dollar tree. That was a shi**y gift.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
One year there was a "Secret Santa" exchange at work. Whoever was responsible for getting me a gift didn't bother.
How sad!!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
OMG!!!!!!

I always thought I was the only one that has happend to!!! My wifes family did that to me for years and years. Finally after about a decade of putting up with that crap I would just go in the other room and watch TV...

Then they had the never to call me anti-social??

I tell you one thing brother, it sure is nice living 3000+ miles from them now!!!
Men arent the only ones who experience this crap. My ex-mother in law did sh*t like that and after a while I was like whatever about it.. I am the 1 person who can make that woman sick and OOhhh I love it!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:32 PM
cheachea

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
My brother and I always played pranks on each other. About 4 years ago he moved to Georgia and the Christmas before he moved I had a 5 prank streak on him and one that almost cost him a divorce. So this year he brings me 3 gifts. Not thinking about the pranks or anything I go to open the first gift and it was a bottle of air freshener, the second gift which was obvious was a roll of toilet paper and the third gift which was in a box with the plastic p-nuts on top was a turd. I reached my hand in the box and needless to say he got me. With the 3 gifts was a Christmas card with special instructions to open last was a $5.00 gift card to the dollar tree. That was a shi**y gift.

I literally LOL'd at this
Old 12-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Silverback

Yes I went thru that for years, the first 5, I would not even go there, then I started to go and stayed a way from everyone. Put up with that crap for over 26 years, now I am happy to say I have more then 1 ex, her and family. All those years not 1 gift from them. But I was always the one they would ask for help, and I used to eat that up.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:46 PM
Miss Foxy

I just don't understand how some people think. My ex mother in law kept herself away from my kiddies, because she hated me for making her boy a man! She was always jealous of anyone that got near her precious womanizing son! Even now she shows her jealousy to my children they don't like her at all.. I got the last laugh though, because I raise my children with lots of love and teach them to respect others she forgot that or perhaps was never taught that. She hated me for not speaking Spanish that good. OMG my kids don't even speak it well my girl does slang, but my son says " I speak English!" lol..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Yes I went thru that for years, the first 5, I would not even go there, then I started to go and stayed a way from everyone. Put up with that crap for over 26 years, now I am happy to say I have more then 1 ex, her and family. All those years not 1 gift from them. But I was always the one they would ask for help, and I used to eat that up.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Silverback

I dont know Foxy, but I tell my boys to respect them and the 2 oldest ones wont even go over there and I never told them not to, that is their choice. Her parents just thinks that they are better then most people and I can't for the life of me get that one. Like I said I was the one they would ask for help and I would never refuse and I would have my sons help and they would always ask me, "Why", and to this day I still don't have a good answer to that.