Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-28-2009, 06:06 PM

Default Worst Christmas gift ever?

I know we should be grateful and that Christmas is not about getting gifts . . . but, who are we kidding, we aren't always grateful . . . and some gifts are just awful. What was your worst Christmas gift (not necessarily this year) ever?
Old 12-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Mac

I always laugh at this one , just cant help it .

When me and Becky first got together , that Christmas , her dad got me a present . He really enjoyed his alcahol and i know 80% of the time wasnt thinking clearly and i dont really think he liked me all that much , still dont think he does lol , ohh well .

Anyways , he shows up at the door one Christmas and hands me this small item wrapped in dripping ,, yes dripping wet wrapping paper . Now , i know my way around a shop or garage and dont need to hold it to my nose to pick out the smell of wd40. The paper was pretty much falling off of it , i think he wrapped it in the car. It was an extremely rusty multi tool that i think was pulled out of the bottom of an old tool box , it was so scaled up and rusted that it wouldnt open , " the reason for the WD40" lol he had sprayed it down real quick then wrapped it hoping it would be freed up by the time he gave it to me lol.

Never did free up , now it is laying in the bottom of my tool box somewhere rusting ha ha ha.

I laugh everytime i think about it.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post

When me and Becky first got together , that Christmas , her dad got me a present . He really enjoyed his alcahol and i know 80% of the time wasnt thinking clearly and i dont really think he liked me all that much , still dont think he does lol , ohh well .

Anyways , he shows up at the door one Christmas and hands me this small item wrapped in dripping ,, yes dripping wet wrapping paper . Now , i know my way around a shop or garage and dont need to hold it to my nose to pick out the smell of wd40. The paper was pretty much falling off of it , i think he wrapped it in the car. It was an extremely rusty multi tool that i think was pulled out of the bottom of an old tool box , it was so scaled up and rusted that it wouldnt open , " the reason for the WD40" lol he had sprayed it down real quick then wrapped it hoping it would be freed up by the time he gave it to me lol.

Never did free up , now it is laying in the bottom of my tool box somewhere rusting ha ha ha.

No man likes the guy who gets with his daughter.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
No man likes the guy who gets with his daughter.

I pity the man who gets my "high maintence chic"! LOL
Old 12-28-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:

At least he tried to loosen it up with the WD-40.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Silverback

You are lucky Mac he gave you something, In the 26 years I was with my ex her parents never gave me nothing, they did not like me because I never drank with them, I do not consume alcohol, never did I have always had a short temper and thought it best not to make it shorter by drinking, I would always make sure everyone made it home ok. So he did think enough of you to give you a present. The best present I got from my ex was my 4 son's , the worst present the last 7 years with her.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Shoots like a girl

My worst Christmas gift ever was the year my mom got me about 8 wool sweater vests. I was 16 years old and I can tell you that they were the most God aweful things you've ever seen. When I refused to wear them to school she proceeded to cry until I buckled. For that whole year I wore those vests to school and had to change in the car in the parking lot when I got to school and then back into them before I got home. But she never figured it out so shhhh, dont tell her!
Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
, they did not like me because I never drank with them, :
Ditto

In the 8 years my oldest has been here , he has made it to our house once. And we dont live 15 minutes away , the alcahol has always been more important .

Like i said .. Ohh well .
Old 12-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Ditto

In the 8 years my oldest has been here , he has made it to our house once. And we dont live 15 minutes away , the alcahol has always been more important .

Alcoholism is a nasty disease. It was just something that I never go into, thankfully!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Oddtodd76

Quote:
Ditto

It sounds like it is better that he doesn't come over.
Some men are fathers, others are just sperm donors.