Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-28-2009, 01:47 PM
County Mike

Default What did you get?

I know Christmas isn't about what you get, but I'm still curious.

What are some of the favorite gifts you received this year?

My mom bought us the Wii Fit. So much fun.
Kelli bought me a gun safe. Electronic access code so it's nice and quick in case some fool tries a home invasion. Just because I live in NJ, doesn't mean I won't be defending myself and my family.
Kelli also bought me some hearing protection so I can practice protecting my family without going deaf.
Lots of other nice gifts, but I don't want to bore you with all the details.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Miss Foxy

Oh thats great you got some good stuff!!!
Aside from the gift cards my favorite gifts were a Bath & Body Works Anti-bacterial gift set my daughter bought me. I cannot begin to tell you how her eyes lit up when I opened her gift!! She even hustled a ride to go get it and wrapped it herself.. My 2nd favorite gift was new Von Zipper glasses that my dude got me....
Old 12-28-2009, 02:24 PM

Well, I haven't actually gotten it yet, but I'm getting an iPod, probably Nano. We just have to go check 'em out and decide which one I want.

I also got some of my favorite products from a skin line I love.

My most prized gift was a key chain with a butterfly that said "Best Aunt" from my nephew. They have a "snow" store they set up at school this time of year where the kids get to pick out (all by themselves) and buy gifts for their loved ones. He even got his dog a gift.

My nephew got a Jenga game (the one in the round container); has anyone ever played? It's a lot of fun (especially playing with other adults). The longer it goes on, the more nerve-racking....
Old 12-28-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Oh thats great you got some good stuff!!!
Aside from the gift cards my favorite gifts were a Bath & Body Works Anti-bacterial gift set my daughter bought me. I cannot begin to tell you how her eyes lit up when I opened her gift!! She even hustled a ride to go get it and wrapped it herself.. My 2nd favorite gift was new Von Zipper glasses that my dude got me....
What style did you get, Foxy? They have some interesting names.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
My most prized gift was a key chain with a butterfly that said "Best Aunt" from my nephew. They have a "snow" store they set up at school this time of year where the kids get to pick out (all by themselves) and buy gifts for their loved ones. He even got his dog a gift.
My daughter got me a little mouse doorstop that she paid for and picked out all by herself in the 2nd or 3rd grade (she's in 8th now). I LOVE it, still have it and will always cherish it.

I'm definitely the hopeless romantic, sentimental one in the house...
Old 12-28-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
My daughter got me a little mouse doorstop that she paid for and picked out all by herself in the 2nd or 3rd grade (she's in 8th now). I LOVE it, still have it and will always cherish it.

I'm definitely the hopeless romantic, sentimental one in the house...
He's in the 3rd grade. His teacher called my sister saying he was upset because he couldn't find his "snow" money when he went back to the store to get something. My sister thought he was through with his Christmas shopping and had taken his money out of his backpack. The teacher was kind enough to cover his expenses. He's already learning about "loans".

One of my most precious gifts I have is a silver pendant that has my nephew's thumbprint imprinted into the silver. He was about 3 when my sister had it done.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
What style did you get, Foxy? They have some interesting names.
Ahh best Aunt!! That's priceless Bon*Bon...
I got the Banshee style..Correct the names are very unique!!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Oddtodd76

My wife bought me a 32" flat screen and a portable fish finder.
I was kinda upset that she spent that much on me. But, I guess i could keep them...you know, just to keep her happy!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddtodd76 View Post
My wife bought me a 32" flat screen and a portable fish finder.
I was kinda upset that she spent that much on me. But, I guess i could keep them...you know, just to keep her happy!
Suck it up!! It's nice when women share the wealth.. Men are always expected to wine n dine us women and that's great she put forth good effort on your gift $ or not...
Old 12-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Crisco

I was super spoiled this Christmas.

My girlfriend got me a new 32 inch 1080 p Vizio tv

earlier in the month a vita-mix blender(IT BLENDS EVERYTHING)

Mom and Girlfriend got me the entire series of Rome from HBO on DVD

Along with a bunch of other movies and stuff like that.

I got my GF a Fendi bag for her Gift and we both went and got my parents a Nintendo Wii for Christmas.

It was a really nice Christmas I enjoyed myself despite all of the drama that occured by me this year.

Will be off to Hawaii next week and got a Devils game tonight. I've been really blessed when I sit here and list all of the love I've recieved from those around me.

God bless us... EVERYONE