Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 12-26-2009, 10:42 PM
atomdanger

Default Serious question about Jesus being a jew

http://www.jesuswasnotajew.com/

So, I was listening to some of this audio,
is there ANY logic or truth to what this guy is saying?

Or any truth behind the "articles", some of you know 100x what I do about the bible so I figured I would ask.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Chris F

His remarks do not lie up with scripture. Jesus was indeed a Jew and we as gentiles are adopted into the plan. I think this pastor can not differentiate between the laws of Moses and those of God. Was Jesus a Pharisee no way, but a true Jew absolutely. The book of Matthew is a false book if he is not.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:51 PM

No offense but website seems disgustingly anti-semetic and so i have not bothered to listen as im sure the Pastor is trying to make some sort of "white, americanised/europeanised Jesus" because it is more palatable to his prejudices.

Lets be real, the entire Bible is pretty good evidennce to say that Jesus is a Jew.

They were/are God's chosenn people but by his grace we are now included in his glorious plan which he had all along.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:15 PM
atomdanger

thank you
Old 12-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
No offense but website seems disgustingly anti-semetic and so i have not bothered to listen as im sure the Pastor is trying to make some sort of "white, americanised/europeanised Jesus" because it is more palatable to his prejudices.

Lets be real, the entire Bible is pretty good evidennce to say that Jesus is a Jew.

They were/are God's chosenn people but by his grace we are now included in his glorious plan which he had all along.
It was not so much of that he was pushing as he was push another Hersey known as Replacement theology. And truth be told it is very prevalent in most every major denomination weather it be SBC, AOG, or Presbyterian etc. While not official many adherents have bought into this lie because like you said it is more palatable to their egos of they are the real chosen of God.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
It was not so much of that he was pushing as he was push another Hersey known as Replacement theology. And truth be told it is very prevalent in most every major denomination weather it be SBC, AOG, or Presbyterian etc. While not official many adherents have bought into this lie because like you said it is more palatable to their egos of they are the real chosen of God.
Who is guilty of this "heresy"?
Old 12-28-2009, 02:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Who is guilty of this "heresy"?
Any church claiming that, because of their rejection of Jesus, the Jews have essentially been disowned by GOD and any promises made to Israel in the Old Testament are now revoked and only apply to the Christian church. In essence, they believe that the Church has replaced the Nation of Israel as GOD's Chosen People.

That's pure heresy, because if it were true then GOD would be a liar and the entire Bible would be a fraud. Thus, it's impossible to be a Christian and adhere to this theology (outside of pure ignorance, that is).

Replacement Theology also lies at the roots of the Muslim religion as well. They believe that the Jews got it wrong, so GOD replaced them with the Christians; but the Christians screwed it up just as badly, thus GOD needed to replace the Christians with Muslims.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Any church claiming that, because of their rejection of Jesus, the Jews have essentially been disowned by GOD and any promises made to Israel in the Old Testament are now revoked and only apply to the Christian church. In essence, they believe that the Church has replaced the Nation of Israel as GOD's Chosen People.

That's pure heresy, because if it were true then GOD would be a liar and the entire Bible would be a fraud. Thus, it's impossible to be a Christian and adhere to this theology (outside of pure ignorance, that is).

Replacement Theology also lies at the roots of the Muslim religion as well. They believe that the Jews got it wrong, so GOD replaced them with the Christians; but the Christians screwed it up just as badly, thus GOD needed to replace the Christians with Muslims.
I think there are two issues here. I looked at the link that Atom posted and it seemed "looney-tune". I didn't bother to listen to the audio after I saw posts which seemed to indicate holocaust-denial and blaming the 9/11 attacks on Jewish people. I didn't want to waste my time. If this is replacement theology, then I agree.

Sometimes believers in Dispensationalism accuse believers in Covenant theology and/or Amillennialism of "Replacement theology". If that is the case, then I would disagree with the charge of heresy for that position.

Last edited by Play The Man; 12-28-2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Changed "Dispensational Eschatology" to "Dispensationalism" as a clarification.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I am still trying to understand the place of christians and Jews and what happens at the end of days.
I have my study book on the Revalation, so hopefully I can understand a little better.

The twelve tribes are mentioned in John's revelation and I want to know what is going to happen.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
I am still trying to understand the place of christians and Jews and what happens at the end of days.
I have my study book on the Revalation, so hopefully I can understand a little better.

The twelve tribes are mentioned in John's revelation and I want to know what is going to happen.
Bottom line the guy was a looney toon who had some major issues. The best place to search for answers about this is Paul's writings and the 2 books by Peter. They as well as the book of acts do a great Job putting the Jew gentile discussion in context. The end days debate is best summed up in that scripture says they will recognize whom they had pierce. Meaning the Jews who are true will also bow to Christ as Messiah. Great study either way and I am sure you will enjoy it.