Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 12-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Its the date I find Interesting. That was litterally just after he became Pope...and what he seemed to be doing, if you look down the page is echoing the words of the Ultra Liberal..John Paul

also...remember...the Vatican dont believe Protestantism is "Biblical" so in essence, even if you take him at his word...all he is saying (in terms of the pragmatical concepts he's indoctrinated with) is that essentially the Protestant Church can be saved also...its his Conscience bit that rules out heathens...

oh...and for the record...I think that he doesnt mean a single word he says...he lies, and he always uses political motives in whatever he promotes. He's cashing in on support in the wake of John Paul...thats about it. Just like his Apostolic Constitution has nothing to do with Eccumenicalism, and a lot to do with distroying the Anglican Communion....Fancy...going on a trip to Africa (where all the dissollusioned Anglicans are) and then coming back and saying Anglicans that dont want to be Anglican can be Roman Catholic with special dispensations...and say its anything BUT deviceive!!
Old 12-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Surprised they didn't shoot her.
It appears noone was close enough...it was an Introit Procession...its full of Ministers and Liturgical newonces....it wont include armed gunmen. Though in theory I'd have then standing all down the nave of Saint Peters...but there was noone there.

Bit like George Bush and the case of the flying shoe...noone was close enough to him to prevent what happened, from happening. In a similar case its a tad late for the specials to come bursting in AFTER an attempted assassination.

He should have had a body guard with him behind or too the side of the podium, and the Pope should have had Soldiers standing equally spaced down both sides of the Nave infront of the Barrier.

Its not rocket science...both are lucky they werent killed.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:17 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
It appears noone was close enough...it was an Introit Procession...its full of Ministers and Liturgical newonces....it wont include armed gunmen. Though in theory I'd have then standing all down the nave of Saint Peters...but there was noone there.

I guess I just assumed the pope always has some badass armed guards with him.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:48 PM

There is something that I hope and pray may offer salvation to some peoples or importantly to people who never heard the Gospel after Jesus resurecction or those who lived before it,

Its

Romans 2:14-16

Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them. 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Now perhaps I have this out of context but I read it with a slither of hope for people that don't know Jesus and the Gospel but "live it" because it is naturally how the Lord wired us.

I hope there conscience can bear witness
Old 12-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I guess I just assumed the pope always has some badass armed guards with him.
Also...The Vatican Guard itself, dont look armed with Firearms. The appear to carry some kinda cross between a spear and an axe...and they look very, very foolish indeed...

See what I mean
Old 12-27-2009, 11:29 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Also...The Vatican Guard itself, dont look armed with Firearms. The appear to carry some kinda cross between a spear and an axe...and they look very, very foolish indeed...

See what I mean
They're called "poleaxes", I believe. The outfit was designed by Leonardo DaVinci.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
The outfit was designed by Leonardo DaVinci.
not one of his best works
Old 12-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
They're called "poleaxes", I believe. The outfit was designed by Leonardo DaVinci.
You are correct!

I was actually going to post and correct you but I thought I'd "google" it to double check myself. I thought they were pikes but turns out a pike is normally 15 feet or longer.

So nice job Ben! A pole ax it is!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Crisco

Also can be called Halberds.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:17 PM
County Mike

Why would someone want to hurt/kill the pope? I don't see the goal in that.