Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-28-2009, 08:14 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Years ago we ran out of Gas in Hazard Kentucky. It was a cop who saved me a second walk down the hill and back up by giving me a ride! While there are a few smart Alec's out their we also have some decent ones who know that their duty is to protect and serve!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
Years ago we ran out of Gas in Hazard Kentucky. It was a cop who saved me a second walk down the hill and back up by giving me a ride! While there are a few smart Alec's out their we also have some decent ones who know that their duty is to protect and serve!
I have been to Hazard.. man.. that was a tough town.. me and a co-worker were passing through.. and these two 10-12 year olds were fighting.. one kid saw us coming and slung the other into the street...
Old 12-28-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I have to say...I do dislike elements of your law enforcement system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t12ZBMTg0Qo

And I say Rodney King got what he deserved...

I have been around cops for years and I wanted to be one.. cops are put through hell pretty much every day.. just by putting on the uniform they earn they respect that many refuse to give them...

Sure there are some cops that shouldn't be cops.. but that can be said about any job/career.. whatever..
Old 12-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
In my case the Officer did nothing wrong. She couldnt well ignore a complaint from the General Public...as she explained, she had to come out and talk to me, even if it was obvious that I wasnt anything but a tourist.

Imagine if she had not done...and I had been planning to break into someones house?

I mean I truely understand what she was doing. But you have to understand that this was not the first time I had been stopped for taking pictures when there is no law against taking pictures unless its of some Military Instillation..the time before it had been some overdressed Security Guard who thought it prudent to speak to me inside a shopping centre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FajMEvq5rqw it was in Richmond

I was...to be fair, feeling a little like...picked on
Old 12-28-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I was...to be fair, feeling a little like...picked on

Ya know Dave.. I bet you get that feeling alot...

just saying..
Old 12-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Ya know Dave.. I bet you get that feeling alot...

just saying..
Not usually.

But when one had never come into contact with police, and then travels alone to a foreign country and keeps getting stopped but has committed no crime.

Well..do you blame me for being...weary
Old 12-28-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Not usually.

But when one had never come into contact with police, and then travels alone to a foreign country and keeps getting stopped but has committed no crime.

No. Just sensetive and self center.

I traveled to another country last year and ended up with an automatic rifle pointed at my face, they were speaking another language and I was only catching 3 words or so. Scared the crap out of me.. but given the circumstances.. I understood and went on...

You look real closely.. you can see the driver look right at me.. and if you listen to the end.. you will hear my instructor say something...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo6TSi7LdFg
Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Not usually.

Honestly, I would rather have some people feel a little harrassed and know that the police are checking up on any suspicions, even if they turn out to be unwarranted. The alternative, is for the police to dismiss their suspicions and that would lead to fewer crimes being interrupted. If I have to be inconvenienced for a few minutes due to a policy that could ultimately protect people, I'm OK with that.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Honestly, I would rather have some people feel a little harrassed and know that the police are checking up on any suspicions, even if they turn out to be unwarranted. The alternative, is for the police to dismiss their suspicions and that would lead to fewer crimes being interrupted. If I have to be inconvenienced for a few minutes due to a policy that could ultimately protect people, I'm OK with that.

Agreed.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Really? and yet you dont want to give information to your government so they can do the same. When they do it, you talk about your rights to...basically privacy. you insist THEY mind their own business...perhaps because they dont walk around with guns...I dont know.