Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

okay...so now you've been waiting about as long as it takes to get a passport...how close are you to the end..because, anything beyond three months would be...beauracratic to say the least
Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
2 months and still waiting.

:(
Old 02-25-2010, 07:48 PM
County Mike

Legally, the state of NJ has 30 days to issue or deny. However, I've heard from just about everyone that they always take longer. My concern is that if I push for them to hurry up, they'll deny instead of issue so I'll wait a little longer.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Legally, the state of NJ has 30 days to issue or deny. However, I've heard from just about everyone that they always take longer. My concern is that if I push for them to hurry up, they'll deny instead of issue so I'll wait a little longer.
That's really bad. I know exactly what you mean, we've been in that position too - you hate to rock the boat (or expect that they would FOLLOW THE LAW!!) because some pencil pusher could really mess with you and you'd probably never get the permit.

Hey, on the bright side, maybe you'll hear something tomorrow :-)
Old 02-25-2010, 08:28 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

That's crazy man, nobody should have to wait that long to arm themselves legally.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Twinsmama

in florida there are still ways to legally carry a gun in your car even with it loaded. such a thing like that there?

can they deny you for any reason they want or just criminal history and stuff like that?

it used to take 30 days here (not sure if it was a law or not) but it has been taking 3 months.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
what you want to do is after three months phone wherever it is and actually ask if they have received your application...make it sound like you fear it might have gotten lost in the post or something...something that will make them remember you...but NOT something that will make it look like a complaint, or that the slowness is their fault. If they claim they have it, you could just ask for a status report on how the application is going...say nothing about wanting the permit, and you need to sound as if your worried they havent got what they need to process the information, rather then that your angry because they are taking all year about it.

Then when you get it...write a letter to your local newspaper about your Rights and how long the Government think its acceptable to keep you waiting in your ability to exercise them...you might want to compare this with the thirty day rule they gave you....but also you might want to ask whether the readers believe that your Government will wait that long to receive your tax...after all, that is something due to them by right...but perhaps they ought be aware that the level of bearacrasy is just becoming foolish and rather then disaudeing criminals, is actually leaving the population vulnerable.

But you wait til your liscence is in your hand before writing that letter

thats what I would do. I know the local papers print gritty letters, I am considering writing to them about council inefficiency with the snow,...but so many others have done it, its hardly worth it now
Old 04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
County Mike

NJ State Trooper called my house last night and left a voicemail to tell me that my Firearm Purchaser ID card is in. I can pick it up when he's on duty (which was last night, or next chance is Sunday night).

I was busy working on something so just planned on going Sunday. Then, the trooper pulled into my driveway to let me know it was ready. Of course, I still have to go to the police barracks to get it, he didn't have it with him. Was nice of him to stop by and let me know though.

I applied for the permit on December 8th, 2009. Finally approved and available for pick up on April 20th, 2010. The thing that still gets me is I can only pick it up when this specific trooper is on duty. Nobody else can check my ID to verify who I am and hand it to me?

Anyway.... I'll get it on Sunday.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:53 PM

Finally!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Well I'm glad you finally got it.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
NJ State Trooper called my house last night and left a voicemail to tell me that my Firearm Purchaser ID card is in. I can pick it up when he's on duty (which was last night, or next chance is Sunday night).

I was busy working on something so just planned on going Sunday. Then, the trooper pulled into my driveway to let me know it was ready. Of course, I still have to go to the police barracks to get it, he didn't have it with him. Was nice of him to stop by and let me know though.

I applied for the permit on December 8th, 2009. Finally approved and available for pick up on April 20th, 2010. The thing that still gets me is I can only pick it up when this specific trooper is on duty. Nobody else can check my ID to verify who I am and hand it to me?

Anyway.... I'll get it on Sunday.
He came by your house? That's a tad creepy....maybe he likes you?

~Amy