Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
my biggest question...are you in some kind of rush for a firearm

You guys have absolutely NO idea what beauracrasy is...you think if your kept for more then a few moments, or people dont give you what you want, when you want it, your rights are somehow indellably damaged

Do you want to know how long Martin has been waiting for an opporation to get rid of gall stones so big they cant be passed and the organ is effectively rendered useless

THREE MONTHS AND COUNTING

It wont kill you to wait...you know you live in a city where its harder to get firearms...didnt you expect this sort of treatment
Yeah, I'd say he is. I mean, Obama's already taken a run at our healthcare system, something not everyone's convinced should have been attacked. Maybe next time he'll choose an easier target...
Old 02-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, I'd say he is. I mean, Obama's already taken a run at our healthcare system, something not everyone's convinced should have been attacked. Maybe next time he'll choose an easier target...
I cant really argue with that logic....Health Care Reform today, Firearm ban tommorow...I can see where your coming from
Old 02-01-2010, 04:02 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Here in AZ you don't need any sort of F.O.I.D. card and you don't have to register with the police or anything. In fact, the only time a background check is required is when you are buying a gun from an actual gun shop or sporting goods store, and they only do the standard FBI check which most times lets you leave with the gun right away. If you do have to wait, it's no more than 3 days, because after 3 days if the FBI does not return contact the store can legally sell the gun to you. Other than that, it is legal to buy and sell guns privately and at gun shows without a background check.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:38 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

Do you want to know how long Martin has been waiting for an opporation to get rid of gall stones so big they cant be passed and the organ is effectively rendered useless

THREE MONTHS AND COUNTING

That is inhumane!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:19 AM
County Mike

Yes, Tyburn. I'm in a hurry to be allowed to exercise my rights. See the contradiction in that sentence? In America, it's our right to protect ourselves with a firearm. However, politicians are trying to essentially remove the rights by making it incredibly difficult.

If I were so inclined, I could find someone that would sell me a gun without any paperwork at all. Heck, I wouldn't even have to tell him my name as long as I have the cash. Of course, if I then used that gun to protect myself or my family I'd be brought up on charges for illegally posessing a firearm. Imagine this situation: Someone kicks my door in at 2am, waking me up from my sleep. They intend to enter my home unlawfully, rape my wife and kill us both. Then they plan to leave with whatever valuables they can find. Instead, I grab my gun and shoot them dead. Guess what. I'd go to jail because I didn't go through all the proper channels to purchase the gun. Does that seem OK to you?

So yes, I'm in a hurry to have the ability to protect my family without going to jail for it.

And as for Martin and his gall stones: Does that help you understand why Americans aren't in a hurry for healthcare reform? I'd much rather pay for my health insurance and be able to get treatment right away than have to wait until it's too late for FREE treatment.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Twinsmama

In Florida to get a concealed weapons permit you have to take a gun safety course. You also need a hunter/gun safety course if you were born after 1975 and want to get a hunting license, so i already had mine. You must show proof of the course, pass background check, get fingerprinted and pay about $75 (can't remember exactly). i think fingerprinting processing was another $35. You mail all the paperwork listed above into the state and it takes about 90 days to get the license back. Again this is only for a concealed weapons permit so that you can carry it on you.

I'm pretty sure you don't need any special license to own a gun but you do have to pass a background check if you purchase it from a dealer. It also needs to be renewed every 7 years. Which I think just involves another fee possibly another background check.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:25 PM
TENNESSEAN

in tn itís a simple 20min background check with the TBI.

question i have a lot of guns. what happens if i move to nj, do i have to get a license for the guns i already own?
Old 02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
in tn itís a simple 20min background check with the TBI.

question i have a lot of guns. what happens if i move to nj, do i have to get a license for the guns i already own?
If you move to NJ you'd most likely have to hide all your guns, apply for your firearm purchase ID and THEN (after you get the permit) register all your guns with the state. I don't know if this is the process, it's just my best guess based on the laws I've read about so far.

The hiding part is my way of saying, don't try to register them until you've acquired your firearms owner permit. Of course, if you actually move to NJ you should check with someone who knows the laws for sure.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:56 AM
TENNESSEAN

Note to self: don't move to nj

I carry a hand gun a lot without even having a cc permit. Fact is if your not braking the law most cops just don't care.
I got stopped for speeding. The cop ask me if I had any firearms in the truck. I said yes. He said is it loaded. I said the chamber is empty but the clip is loaded. He said you should really get a cc permit. I said I know its on my short list of things to do. He said slow down and be careful. Didn't even give me a speeding ticket.
Gotta love tennessee
Old 02-25-2010, 08:22 PM
County Mike

2 months and still waiting.

:(