Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD
And to plan a card in canada with out your numer 1 canadian is like a card in england with out bisping not smart

You obviously don't understand MMA fans in Canada. The UFC is popular here. It may be GSP's hometown, but the UFC brand is much bigger than GSP. There are some big stars fighting on that card and that is more than enough to sellout the Bell Centre again.

As far as the Quebec comission goes, they are just playing dirty with the UFC. They have held many MMA events in that province under the Unifed Rules of MMA. Now all of a sudden they want to change the rules? They want money or some kickback, something to sweeten the pot a bit. I hope the UFC can still have this event go forward, then never return to the province of Quebec again!
Yes I think you are right. I think the strikebox event might have upset them but...I cant help thinking they are playing silly beggers because their top MMA fighter has...well...he's not fighting...so it does no harm to say its not right to lable someone a cheat...

I've worked for big institutions...I honnestly wouldnt put it past them to be upset at the fact that Penn has accused GSP and that the commission are looking into it..and that there has been a policy change in the UFC because of it. So they are using the Strikebox disastor as an excuse to get whatever it is they want from the UFC

I dont mean to make it sound like a conspiracy...but...why else would they pretend they didnt know about GSP/Serra event
Old 02-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
nah .. they are canadian ...people from newfoundland are different, people in the west, heck they want to separate ... sure quebec has their separatist views, ...and even here in toronto, we think we are special, we are the centre of the universe (we are by the way .. lol)
Yeah...ever heard of "Cornwall" ? its a Shire in England on the South Coast that once dared to declair itself independant from England they want to be their own little country or something...but they are like minute in size

I guess you could call them separatist

Canadians are a bit like Brits with American Accents. They think like us, rather then Americans, their culture is far more European then it is American...but the French Canadians I dont know much about...They probably think like Continental Europe...which is not quite the same as a British view....perhaps they are like the Reverse European scenario. Britian, the tiny Island that never wants to completely embrace Europe...perhaps Quebec is like trying not to completely embrace Canada...with Europe, the majority of the landmass is plugged into the European way of thinking, but with Canada the majority is plugged into the British way of thinking...so ideally...we'd like for England and Quebec to swap places, then Quebec could be reunited with France and the European View would be cemented. Likewise, The English could all pick up the American Accent, but keep with the British way of thinking...course we wouldnt be completed even there.

There is one other place on Earth besides Canada and England that is plugged into the British way of thinking.

Austrailia

Last edited by Tyburn; 02-15-2009 at 07:47 PM.