* Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Brian Stann
* Ed Herman vs. David Loiseau
* Jason MacDonald vs. Nate Quarry
* Xavier Foupa-Pokam vs. Denis Kang
* Cheick Kongo vs. Antoni Hardonk
* Sam Stout vs. Matt Wiman
* David Bielkheden vs. Mark Bocek
* Ryo Chonan vs. T.J. Grant
why would the UFC do a show there without having GSP involved? it's his hometown.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:48 AM
Hughes_GOAT

now that i look at the list, they have a lot of Canadians, just not the most important one.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:59 AM
lc87

He's probabaly still in good enough shape to fight if he really wanted to.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:08 AM
Hughes_GOAT

they should have waited for GSP's next fight or pushed the GSP/Penn fight onto this card. it makes bad business sense to not have him on this card.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:12 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I don't get it. Do they want boxing or MMA?
Thats what it sounds like plus they are asking for a smaller cage as well?

I really don't understand what they are trying to accomplish with this just hope the UFC can get this cleared up before.
Strikeforce had one and they had a 'gentlemens agrrement' not too grapple,lol okay..Josh Thompson was a reble and did his own thing and fans started pelting with beer cans and stuff. LoL, I'd be more upset if I was going to an MMA show and a boxing match broke out..Whats next the combatants goto middle of cage and break out a single glove and slap eachother in the face and say lets duel...
Old 02-13-2009, 04:24 AM
lc87

Is stikebox a part of strikeforce? And that's a prime example of why alcohol in number is a bad idea at any sporting event. Anytime something is thrown at or torward an athlete is retarded.

And to plan a card in canada with out your numer 1 canadian is like a card in england with out bisping not smart
Old 02-13-2009, 09:14 AM

UFC should tell them where to go, its an MMA event and you dont have gentlemans agreement, if you can smash be standing up then you better believe im gonna go to my strenghts, take you down and ground and pounds or use Ju Jitsu.

The UFC is bringinng as huge some of money over, the'll work it out. Otherwise, they can just go elsewhere!
Old 02-13-2009, 11:52 AM
KevinD

And to plan a card in canada with out your numer 1 canadian is like a card in england with out bisping not smart[/QUOTE]

You obviously don't understand MMA fans in Canada. The UFC is popular here. It may be GSP's hometown, but the UFC brand is much bigger than GSP. There are some big stars fighting on that card and that is more than enough to sellout the Bell Centre again.

As far as the Quebec comission goes, they are just playing dirty with the UFC. They have held many MMA events in that province under the Unifed Rules of MMA. Now all of a sudden they want to change the rules? They want money or some kickback, something to sweeten the pot a bit. I hope the UFC can still have this event go forward, then never return to the province of Quebec again!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD
...... It may be GSP's hometown, but the UFC brand is much bigger than GSP.
*gasp*

Nooo! You don't say!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:15 PM
rearnakedchoke

Damn Canadians .. go and mess everything up .. they had a great show, made lots of money and now go and screw things up ... with this crap economy, this is a big blow to Montreal .. first they lose the Canadian Grand Prix and now they are shooting themselves in the foot by removing even more income from that city ..