Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-24-2009, 04:37 AM
Mac

Default Arrow Trucking GONE after 61 years " Read what they did"

It was in the tulsa news that 61 year old freight company Arrow trucking closed , Fairly abruptyl at that , Leaving some 1400 drivers stranded across the country . Arrow simply unhooked the phone lines , cut off the gas cards and closed the doors ont hese men and women , No warning AT ALL . I guess the only instruction these drivers have recieved is to take the rigs to the closest dealer that deals in the type of rig they are driving , take a freightliner to a freightliner dealership , kenworth to a kenworth dealership etc. The dealerships are offering drivers 200 dollars for turning in the trucks or a bus ticket , but they still must find thier own transportation to a bus terminal . There is a group of folks that are coming out of the wood work trying to help these guys get home for Christmas atleast , food , work , transportation whatever they need. Here is a link to the story on the folks trying to help out

http://www.examiner.com/x-15044-Lexi...ucking-Drivers
Old 12-24-2009, 04:51 AM
Administrator

Wow, that's all I can say. That's pretty sad, especially this close to Christmas.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:53 AM
Chuck

You have got to be fricking kidding me!!!!!!!

What a crap thing to do to those workers!
Old 12-24-2009, 05:04 AM
Chuck

Just joined the Facebook page to offer whatever help I can....
Old 12-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Just joined the Facebook page to offer whatever help I can....
Seen that , i was right behind ya .

Im not sure how many truckers are stranded . saw a news report somewhere that said they had 1400 rigs . not sure how many are manned right now.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Seen that , i was right behind ya .

Im not sure how many truckers are stranded . saw a news report somewhere that said they had 1400 rigs . not sure how many are manned right now.
Brother I would crack the seal of that trailer, sell the contents, drop it and drive the tractor home...
Old 12-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Mac

Quote:
Brother I would crack the seal of that trailer, sell the contents, drop it and drive the tractor home...

YEAH BUDDY . There would be a road side fire sale and id be buying me an old crapper car in the morning and headed for home.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:32 AM
Stump Rules!

When you think about it, every single thing we have came by truck.It may have been shipped, or on a train, or flown over in an airplane.Once it got close it got to the store by a truck.Your food, your TV, your car, EVERYTHING...think about it.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 12-24-2009, 06:47 AM

Yeah, real sad. They showed some locals here in Houston who worked for them. Company sent repo guys to come and take their rigs. One guy had tears in his eyes talking about his kids (showed their picture ). They were thankful though that at least they were local and weren't stranded somewhere far from home like a lot of the other drivers. They didn't get any warning, notice, etc... except when they went to use their fuel cards and they had been frozen and the repo guys came to take the trucks.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:36 AM
County Mike

Quote:
I was thinking the exact same thing. The least the company could do is let the drivers keep the trucks long enough to drive them home.