Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default On the run British Escapee updates his facebook...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe...son/index.html

Sad Funny and scary all at the same time...

London, England (CNN) -- British police have appealed for information about the whereabouts of an escaped prisoner who has been telling the world via Facebook about his life as a fugitive.

Craig Lynch, 28, escaped Hollesley Bay open prison near Suffolk, eastern England, back in September, but has continued to update his Facebook status regularly -- describing everything from his meals to who his next girlfriend will be.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:19 AM
County Mike

What's an "open prison"? I guess it was a little TOO OPEN since he managed to escape.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
What's an "open prison"? I guess it was a little TOO OPEN since he managed to escape.
It's a prison with more relaxed rules and privileges for inmates who are well-behaved or nearing the end of their sentences. The 'open' part refers to the fact that as part of their re-integration back into society, the inmates are allowed out into the community on a day or weekend release occasionally and they have to return by a set time on a specified date, so I guess this guy either didn't go back to the prison when he was supposed to or if he was being accompanied he gave the guy the slip.