Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddtodd76 View Post
Having a chick 8 months pregnant show up on my parent's doorstep telling them it is my kid.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Mac

Quote:
Having a chick 8 months pregnant show up on my parent's doorstep telling them it is my kid.
OOO RAAAA lol.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:56 AM

Quote:

Was it?
Old 12-26-2009, 05:43 AM
donaldbreland

I was coon hunting one night and I was training a young black and tan puppy. I normally hunt walker dogs but I had a very promising black and tan that was coming along pretty good. I turned the dog loose and after about 5 minutes she struck and after about 3 minute she gave a huge bawling locate then she fell treed. This sounded weird to me. Her barking sounded muffled. So as I made my way to her I noticed she was barking in a hole. I thought she had a opossum and went back to my truck and grabbed a shovel. I tied her off and started digging. There was two holes and it was around a rotten stump. I moved to the other side of the stump and started digging with my hands. I was on my knees and little did I know but the hole was right at my rear end. As I was digging I felt something hit me in my butt very hard and ran right between my legs. I jumped up started running and screaming like a girl. My wife was crying she was laughing so hard. This dog bayed an armadillo. Thank God it wasn't a opossum but it didn't matter. Needless to say that was a very wet 45 minute trip back home.

Where I hunt at we have a lot of hogs. One night I was hunting and my old sally dog fell treed within about 30 minutes of hunting. I had a 4 month old plott dog that I would let ramble in the woods. All of a sudden this dog started barking and I started to get excited. I went over to Ruckus(plott) and he had about a 150 lb hog bayed up on the edge of a river bank. there was no where for the hog to go except right towards me. I didn't have a gun with me and I knew that my plott would back off this hog once he seen me. I started making a move towards the left side of the Hog near the river bank when this hog decided I was getting a little too close. He charged at me and I went straight for the nearest tree. As I jumped I grabbed and limb and pulled myself up the tree. As I climbed over to get more of a grip the limb I grab gave in and in the river I went. It was about 37 degrees that night. I swam about 30 yards down river and made it back to shore. I finally found my wife where my other dog was treed. I was scared to death. Hogs cause some pretty serious damage and can be very deadly at night. After that night though our hog population on our hunting club has been down considerably. My wife still has not let me live these down. She even gave me the nick name sissy screamer lol.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Oddtodd76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Was it?
YUP!

Things happen for a reason, I guess. I started talking to her again,etc.

It ended up being the best thing that has ever happened to me. My daughter is now 7.
I married that "chic". She is the love of my life. Thank God for not letting me pass her up, like i did. He knew what was best for me.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
YUP!

Things happen for a reason, I guess. I started talking to her again,etc.

It ended up being the best thing that has ever happened to me. My daughter is now 7.
I married that "chic". She is the love of my life. Thank God for not letting me pass her up, like i did. He knew what was best for me.
Congratulations then!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:01 PM

Well, the scariest thing that has happened to me was this year when I was diagnosed with cancer; but, blessed they think I'm okay now.

The 2nd scariest thing was when we were starting back home from vacation and had just gotten on the freeway in San Antonio. This eighteen wheeler blew a tire right next to us making this tremendously loud sound and my hubby (startled) braked, too hard, causing the brakes to lock. We were going over an overpass and were in the very lefthand lane with the big rig to our right. When the brakes locked David was fighting to control the car, we started to go left towards the side of the overpass. I thought for sure we were going over but we hit the curb really hard and bounced back towards the underbelly of the eighteen wheeler. I thought we were goners AGAIN, but David wrestled it away from that danger only to have us come to a stop perpendicular across four lanes of highway. Naturally, since my side was facing oncoming traffic I quickly looked to my right and, thank the good Lord, there were no cars near us at this time. However, David jumps out of the car and I'm like "What are you doing?!!! (loudly) and he says, "I'm checking the car for damage!" I turn my head back to the right and see all these cars now heading towards us and say (again quite loudly) "Pull it over to the side first!" Now David is a very smart guy (believe or not), but I have observed over the years that he does tend to get rattled sometimes during a crisis (which isn't always too reassuring to me at the time. This was one of those times.) Anyway, when we hit the overpass curb it bent the rear axle causing the wheel to tilt outward and be undrivable. So that vacation ended up being very expensive, but not as expensive as it could have been.

The 3rd scariest moment was when our stepdad took us swimming where it had flooded along this road. Part of the road was paved concrete and the rest dirt but you couldn't see this because of the water. Our big sister was holding mine and my twin sister's hands and we stepped off where the concrete stopped and the dirt started, and wham, we were pulled under immediately. My twin sis and I just got sucked a little ways and was able to get back to safety but my older sister was pulled way out and kept going under. My stepdad was able to get to her but she was so panicked by then she kept pushing him under. Thankfully, there were others swimming nearby and another man was able to help get her ashore. Our mom was 9 months pregnant with my little sister at the time watching all this happen.

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-26-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
When my kid was lost (turned out he was just in the close rack hiding) for 15 seconds.Thought I would die
The same thing happened to me but it was my niece. She was about 3 and we were in Walmart. She didn't want to hold my hand so I, reluntantly (and regrettably) said, "Okay, but stay right by my side!" Like a second later I look down and no niece. I'm right in the middle of all these freaking round clothes racks that are packed together frantically calling her name. I thought for sure someone had taken her. I was in full panic mode when all of a sudden she pops out laughing. She's playing hide-n-seek and I'm having a heart attack.

Needless to say, that tiny hand was firmly secured in mine 'til she was safely back with her mama.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Yesterday on the way home from bf's sister's house it was raining and we were on the interstate. Bf has a rear wheel drive car and we hydroplaned, did a 180 and ended up facing the wrong way in traffic. When we spun around we should have hit a white SUV with his back end but luckily they didn't slow down so we missed them. Then his car wouldn't start back up so we had to push it off the highway. Luckily it started right back up after a minute with the key off and then we had to figure out how to turn it around without going off the highway into the mud. Scared the crap outta me. All I could think of was that drunk people don't get hurt cuz they stay relaxed and don't tense up. So I tried to relax and not freak out so when we were hit I wouldn't die. Bf was really shaken up by it. We went everywhere else in my SUV yesterday. Phew. I tell ya, God was watching out for us yesterday for sure.

~Amy
Old 12-27-2009, 03:50 AM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Yesterday on the way home from bf's sister's house it was raining and we were on the interstate. Bf has a rear wheel drive car and we hydroplaned, did a 180 and ended up facing the wrong way in traffic. When we spun around we should have hit a white SUV with his back end but luckily they didn't slow down so we missed them. Then his car wouldn't start back up so we had to push it off the highway. Luckily it started right back up after a minute with the key off and then we had to figure out how to turn it around without going off the highway into the mud. Scared the crap outta me. All I could think of was that drunk people don't get hurt cuz they stay relaxed and don't tense up. So I tried to relax and not freak out so when we were hit I wouldn't die. Bf was really shaken up by it. We went everywhere else in my SUV yesterday. Phew. I tell ya, God was watching out for us yesterday for sure.

~Amy
That's why I always get drunk if I'm riding with someone else!