Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-24-2009, 10:33 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Went through the ice in an 8 ft deep swimming pool and got trapped underneath it when i was in 4th grade luckily i had about 6 buddies there to pull me out .

Went under the water when i stepped in a hole at the beach someone had dug in the sand with thier feet . My mom swam out and pulled me back in .

Flew out of the bed of a moving pickup truck right in the middle of a country road , lit right on my back . I figured i was paralised. Stood right up , didnt even have a bruise .

Coon hunting , about 1990 or so . Was deep in the timber with my dad , brother and cousin . A russian satalite had entered the earths orbit and was burning up on reentry. Well we were in the middle of the timber around 10 oclock one night , and i was 10 . When we looked up we saw 5 or 6 huge glowing discs that looked to be moving slow and in formation . I remember the simple words my dad spoke ..." Well boys , looks like weve got visitors" I said a few words my dad didnt know i knew . And we headed for the truck as quick as we could to get to town. It came on the news a half hour later that it was a russian satalite. My cousin or my brother pissed his pants standing right there in the trees as soon as they went over our heads.
The "visitors" thing would have been really scary. Crazy.

Why were you walking on a frozen swimming pool? Too lazy to walk around?
Old 12-24-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Coon hunting , about 1990 or so . Was deep in the timber with my dad , brother and cousin . A russian satalite had entered the earths orbit and was burning up on reentry. Well we were in the middle of the timber around 10 oclock one night , and i was 10 . When we looked up we saw 5 or 6 huge glowing discs that looked to be moving slow and in formation . I remember the simple words my dad spoke ..." Well boys , looks like weve got visitors" I said a few words my dad didnt know i knew . And we headed for the truck as quick as we could to get to town. It came on the news a half hour later that it was a russian satalite. My cousin or my brother pissed his pants standing right there in the trees as soon as they went over our heads.
Quite possibly one of the funniest stories I've heard in a long time.

[
Old 12-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post

Coon hunting , about 1990 or so .
You mean Raccoon? Saying that means something different in England

Quality thread btw Dave.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:05 PM

1. When my dad got cancer
2. two of my buddies almost drowned on vacation (riptide) and hearing them call for help and before making the decision to go back out after them. I came about as close to drowning as I ever have, and that is scary stuff.
3. I use to catch shoplifter and before every apprehension my heart would almost jump out of my chest.
4. in 2nd grade I got my leg stuck between the two metal bar that held the back on the chair. had to stay after school and when the janitor said he'd "have to cut it off" I thought he was talking about my leg and started bawling. Principal drove me and my sister home...

[
Old 12-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Oddtodd76

Having a chick 8 months pregnant show up on my parent's doorstep telling them it is my kid.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
The "visitors" thing would have been really scary. Crazy.

Why were you walking on a frozen swimming pool? Too lazy to walk around?
No it was after school one day . Super cold . Me and my buddys figured we would have have idiots on icecapades. So we all went over to my buddys place while hsi folks were not home , we were all on the ice when i went through in the very corner.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

The scariest thing that ever happened to me is when my son almost died. At age 4 he started bleeding internally from a problem with his gut, he basically was secreting gastric acid into his own intestine and ate through his gut inside. He should have died from the amount of blood he lost. By the time we had a diagnosis, he had to have a blood transfusion and major abdominal surgery. They even thought at first they could do it laproscopically but ended up having to do a big incision so a 30 minute surgery took 4 hours. I was terrified that my baby was going to die and there was nothing I could do other than pray.

My daughter contracted RSV (a virus that usually causes a cold but in babies can kill) at age 6 weeks and was hospitalized but my brothers were respiratory therapists and talked me through the whole thing so I wasn't quite as worried about her dying. It was still scary though.

I can take anything for myself but can't handle my children hurting.

~Amy
Old 12-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
The scariest thing that ever happened to me is when my son almost died. At age 4 he started bleeding internally from a problem with his gut, he basically was secreting gastric acid into his own intestine and ate through his gut inside. He should have died from the amount of blood he lost. By the time we had a diagnosis, he had to have a blood transfusion and major abdominal surgery. They even thought at first they could do it laproscopically but ended up having to do a big incision so a 30 minute surgery took 4 hours. I was terrified that my baby was going to die and there was nothing I could do other than pray.

My daughter contracted RSV (a virus that usually causes a cold but in babies can kill) at age 6 weeks and was hospitalized but my brothers were respiratory therapists and talked me through the whole thing so I wasn't quite as worried about her dying. It was still scary though.

I can take anything for myself but can't handle my children hurting.

~Amy
Bingo . Amy i dont know how you held it together . DOnt know what i would do in that situation.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Primadawn

We took a family vacation to Tennessee when my oldest 2 were small--Alana was 6 and Paige was 2--we took my husband's parents with us and met my folks there.
One of the highlights, and I can't believe I'm saying this out loud, was going to Dollywood (it was fantastic, really). But as you're leaving the park, you go out through a gift shop to get to the parking lot tram. So I was looking at stuff in there with my mom and mother in law and had Paige in the stroller. Phil was standing with Alana and said he was going to go get in line for the tram. Alana was his shadow then, so I figured she went with him.
About 10 minutes later, I saw my dad and he asked me where Alana was--I told him with Phil in line for the tram--he said, no I looked out there and saw Phil, but Alana wasn't with him. I FREAAAAAKED out! I ran to look, but Phil was gone too then...I ran past about 500 people in line--on the outside of the barriers--prompting security to almost tackle me--then I explained and they let me get on the next tram--all the time I'm thinking, "We're at freaking DOLLYWOOD! If he doesn't have her, she's GONE. I lost my baby at DOLLYWOOD! lol.
He had her.
But it was 15 minutes of pure terror.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Miss Foxy

When my son was 1 month old I was watching way too much WEST COAST CHOPPER and decided to play the roll of Jesse James anyhow I did not wear a helmet and crashed my EX's motorcycle and almost died doing it. See I went full throttle and froze!! I crashed in a wall and somehow the bike flipped. I had head & chest injuries. I was out and I remembered dreaming about my kids faces.. Sad and very scary