Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Default Nebraska compromise

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34551523...h_care_reform/

"The Nebraska compromise, which permanently exempts Nebraska from paying Medicaid costs that Texas and all other 49 states must pay, may violate the United States Constitution as well as other provisions of federal law," Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said."

How is this not outright buying his vote? Nebraska will save a reported 45 million dollars a year due to this.

~Amy
Old 12-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Administrator

This Nebraska Congressman has essentially just put his vote up for sale to the highest bidder. Basically he's prostituting the entire Constitutional process.

But this is not the only thing unconstitutional about this healthcare bill. Requiring every American citizen to purchase health insurance is also unconstitutional. The federal government cannot compel its citizens to purchase a specific product, that is a complete abuse of power. What's next? Are they going to curb carbon emissions by requiring every citizen to purchase a hybrid car, under penalty of fine or imprisonment?

When does the insanity stop? At what point are the American people going to ultimately revolt against the federal government?
Old 12-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
This Nebraska Congressman has essentially just put his vote up for sale to the highest bidder. Basically he's prostituting the entire Constitutional process.

But this is not the only thing unconstitutional about this healthcare bill. Requiring every American citizen to purchase health insurance is also unconstitutional. The federal government cannot compel its citizens to purchase a specific product, that is a complete abuse of power. What's next? Are they going to curb carbon emissions by requiring every citizen to purchase a hybrid car, under penalty of fine or imprisonment?

When does the insanity stop? At what point are the American people going to ultimately revolt against the federal government?
They won't.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

It really scares me to think about what this healthcare bill will do to my patients. At least with the private companies I can fight and almost always get them what they need. Medicaid does not budge, no matter how medically necessary something is. This is going to get bad, very bad. You think the death panel will be just for elderly people? Guess who else requires long term care and costs a lot of money....NICU babies. Guess what contributes to having NICU babies....not getting enough of the proper prenatal care. Guess which health insurance helps the least with getting my high risk patients what they need during their pregnancy....medicaid. Scary, huh? And it looks like it's coming whether we like it or not.

~Amy
Old 12-23-2009, 03:29 PM

They are calling it the "cornhusker kickback" And that is what it is!

Instead of them doing their jobs as "our" employees who we vote into office, they wheel and deal and say, "bend over again, I'm not through ******* you yet!" They've got great healthcare, but for some unknown reason, we "the people" can't get the same healthcare they receive that we pay for.

And now, they shamelessly and blatantly brag about their back room deals. I can't stand Harry Reid! He says this is what goes on when bills are passed (by both sides). I bet it is, but it doesn't make it right.

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-23-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
They won't.
Well, when people are told by the federal government that it's no longer cost effective to keep them alive and they need to die off for the good of the country, then what will those people have left to lose?
Old 12-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Crisco

The American people by the majority are docile and don't even know their rights and why certain things are bad for them.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
The American people by the majority are docile and don't even know their rights and why certain things are bad for them.
I would agree with that, for instance people don't even seem to care that the Federal Income Tax is unconstitutional; but I also think that the Democrats are awakening a sleeping giant in this nation and we haven't even begun to see the consequences of that.

The elderly are going to be the most at risk from this healthcare bill and guess which demographic the highest percentage of active voters comes from? The elderly.

I think the next few years are going to be critical if our nation is going to survive with some semblance of what our Founding Fathers envisioned.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I would agree with that, for instance people don't even seem to care that the Federal Income Tax is unconstitutional; but I also think that the Democrats are awakening a sleeping giant in this nation and we haven't even begun to see the consequences of that.

The elderly are going to be the most at risk from this healthcare bill and guess which demographic the highest percentage of active voters comes from? The elderly.

I think the next few years are going to be critical if our nation is going to survive with some semblance of what our Founding Fathers envisioned.
I agree.

I'm kind of excited by the prospect to be honest. It's getting interesting to say the least.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:52 AM
Robertboxerboy

Yeah I am kinda worried for my parents too. They are both self employeed but still make very little. We just lost our insurance and dad is paying for Physical Rehab and Doc appts right out of his pocket. I told him to screw it and I will find another job and quit sports, but being a dad of course he won't let me do that. Today he told me that we can't afford for me to get hurt again. When did it get to the point that we can't AFFORD to get hurt. Or that eldery can't AFFORD to die?