Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 12-24-2009, 12:13 AM
bradwright

as i do not go to a brick and mortar church i consider this site that is provided by Matt to be my church...this is where i come to learn more about God and i do so by reading posts from the members of this forum (and every once in a while i will ask a few questions ).... i know this may sound stupid to some of you but am i wrong ?
Old 12-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
as i do not go to a brick and mortar church i consider this site that is provided by Matt to be my church...this is where i come to learn more about God and i do so by reading posts from the members of this forum (and every once in a while i will ask a few questions ).... i know this may sound stupid to some of you but am i wrong ?
I don't think that's wrong brother but you have better options available to you.

Coming here to learn is cool but don't build your relationship with Christ based off of anything you read here. Your faith, your foundation.. the rock that you stand on in your time of need has to be based on Christ and what God's word says. All you will find here is other people's (some wonderful, very bright people) interpretations of scripture. But you can't stand on our faith... you need to make sure you're building your own.

I would also encourage you to find a local church to worship at. There really is no substitute for fellowship with other believers.

Come to Florida bro!!! Worship with me!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 04:26 AM
Stump Rules!

bradwright listen to Chuck

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 12-24-2009, 02:03 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I don't think that's wrong brother but you have better options available to you.

Coming here to learn is cool but don't build your relationship with Christ based off of anything you read here. Your faith, your foundation.. the rock that you stand on in your time of need has to be based on Christ and what God's word says. All you will find here is other people's (some wonderful, very bright people) interpretations of scripture. But you can't stand on our faith... you need to make sure you're building your own.

I would also encourage you to find a local church to worship at. There really is no substitute for fellowship with other believers.

Come to Florida bro!!! Worship with me!!!
well Chuck i have had a relationship with God for most of my life but i have always struggled with organized religion and although i have attended church numerous times over the years i find after a while that a lot of people that I have come in contact with who claim to be Christians simply just are not and thats what keeps me away.

this site however allows me see a lot of different points of view on many subjects pertaining to God and i find most of the discussions very interesting and it helps me better understand my own relationship with God.
that Chuck is why i consider this place to be my church so to speak...its where i come to be with other people that are believers that discuss God openly.

and thanks for the invitation but i will have to respectfully decline,you see Florida is just way to hot for me...after all i am from Canada.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglorius View Post
The church can be broken down into five groups. The church can be believers in a specific building, believers in a city/town, believers in a state/province, believers in a country and believers in the world. They are all under the same devine authority.

Church is for believers to come together to be equipped, edified, taught and encouraged to take the word to the world. Church is also for non believers because it is where they will hear the word preached(hopefully) because Faith comes from hearing and through hearing the word of the Lord.

Church membership is only for believers and should be a covenant membership. Unfortunately most church's only ask you to show up to a membership class and your in.

A good book I just recently read that talks about this very thing is Vintage Church by Mark Driscoll and Gerry Brashears. There is not a detail about the church they did not miss.
Driscoll is a wonderful man of God, Ill try to look into this book