Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 12-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Why would we cry in heaven

God shall wipe away all tears, and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be anymore pain. praise the Lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehnq7VhBeKc (5.52)

The passage of scripture is sung right at the end of Karl Jenkins peace mass, I Think its from the book of Revelation somewhere around chapter 20 or 21
Old 12-21-2009, 12:36 AM
que

it doesn't say we will cry in heaven it says he will take away the pain. meaning when we die we feel no more pain/won't cry.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
it doesn't say we will cry in heaven it says he will take away the pain. meaning when we die we feel no more pain/won't cry.
no...it says he will wipe away our tears...and then there will be none of the rest.

why would we be crying at all after death
Old 12-21-2009, 01:07 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
no...it says he will wipe away our tears...and then there will be none of the rest.

why would we be crying at all after death
dave, it says nothing about him wiping away our tears in heaven. it just says he will wipe away our tears. read between the lines, it's pretty obvious. when we die God wipes away our tears (takes away the pain, we will be sad no more) and heaven will not be a place for pain or tears.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:59 AM
Administrator

Here's the whole passage:

Revelation 21:1-8
Quote:
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
Read it closely, Dave, it's talking about GOD reestablishing His kingdom on the Earth, not in Heaven.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:39 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

/end thread

Old 12-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Here's the whole passage:

Revelation 21:1-8

Read it closely, Dave, it's talking about GOD reestablishing His kingdom on the Earth, not in Heaven.
oh, that makes a lot more sense thanks