Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 12-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default please, please, please pray!

So tonight I went to a carol concert at Saint Marks Church, which is the one my Father does his Ministry at. I dont usually go, but as my Gran has come up, and the rest of the family seemed to be congregating to go, I thought I would to.

I sat next to my Sister Rosy. Rosy is a heathen. Its something I have done everything to try and change for many years. Anyway, today she asked me if I pray a lot. I told her that I try my best. She said that she knew of a friend of hers from University. His name is Rob. He has just this week been posted to Afghanistan, WAY ahead of schedual because the Ministry of Defence specify at any one time there MUST be a fixed number of people who do his job.

He's a Bomb Disposal expert

She asked me (infact she individually asked other members of the family aswell, and probably other Christians she knows) if we could please add him to whatever prayer lists we have...he is likely to be stationed out there for a very, very long time...in essence there are not enough people with his skills...and for obvious reasons, a lot who are out there dont come back alive.

I know it didnt come from a Christian...but the point is, obviously, somewhere, when the chips are down and one of her friends is in danger, she is in essence, turning to GOD for support.

So please do pray for Rob...he went out middle of last week. I will try to keep you all updated...well..you dont want me to do that really, because if I have to update you, it wont be good news of that one can be assured
Old 12-20-2009, 11:03 PM
surveyorshawn

I will definitely be praying for him!! I will also be praying for her as well that she will come to Christ as well, and not just turn to God when the chips are down! My brother in law is leaving Monday for Iraq, and I am spending the holidays with my sister since she & their daughter will be alone (well, I brought my mom as well!).
Old 12-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Silverback

I was one not to pray for a long time and just here lately I have begun to see the error of my ways, I have came to the good people of this forum and ask them to pray for a buddy of mine and you and the others got right to it, so now it is my turn to pay back. I wish him all the best and God bless him.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:44 PM

He'll be in my prayers, Dave. Your sister too.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Of course, Dave. I have a cousin over there now, it's his third tour.

~Amy
Old 12-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Hughes fanboy

Praying for her

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 12-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Chuck

Of course Dave!