Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
When it's actually the other way around.
This I agree with lol

However, I have to say that the Native Americans would never have been a threat to white settelers if we didn't come over here and try and take their land lol.

We took advantage of these people and nearly killed off their entire race.

I'm not saying I wish we never came here and took it over I'med just saying that it was ****ed up what we did.

As horrible as some of these cultures may have been it was THEIR culture. Yes we conquered the land thus laid claim but it doesn't make it any better lol.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
This I agree with lol

However, I have to say that the Native Americans would never have been a threat to white settelers if we didn't come over here and try and take their land lol.

We took advantage of these people and nearly killed off their entire race.

I'm not saying I wish we never came here and took it over I'med just saying that it was ****ed up what we did.

As horrible as some of these cultures may have been it was THEIR culture. Yes we conquered the land thus laid claim but it doesn't make it any better lol.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-21-2009, 10:42 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
This I agree with lol

However, I have to say that the Native Americans would never have been a threat to white settelers if we didn't come over here and try and take their land lol.

We took advantage of these people and nearly killed off their entire race.

I'm not saying I wish we never came here and took it over I'med just saying that it was ****ed up what we did.

As horrible as some of these cultures may have been it was THEIR culture. Yes we conquered the land thus laid claim but it doesn't make it any better lol.
Well, you're looking at it through over a century of revisionist history. Some Native-American tribes welcomed us and had no problems with the settlers living here. In fact, without the help of many of those tribes, the early settlers would never have survived long enough to establish the Colonies.

The Puritans were hardly bloodthirsty conquerors.

Basically, there were good people and bad people on both sides of the story here and let's just leave it at that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, you're looking at it through over a century of revisionist history. Some Native-American tribes welcomed us and had no problems with the settlers living here. In fact, without the help of many of those tribes, the early settlers would never have survived long enough to establish the Colonies.

The Puritans were hardly bloodthirsty conquerors.

Basically, there were good people and bad people on both sides of the story here and let's just leave it at that.
Oh no doubt I agree with you.

My point being is those tribes that helped us settle here where are they now? haha.

It's not so revisionist when you look at the cause an effect or even the aftermath and all the reasons why a certain aftermath taxes place.

All Indian tribes that still exist pretty much live on designated land we forced or passive aggressively moved them onto.

The puritans where not really the issue it's those that followed.

The Conquistadors, the French(who had the better relationship with the Indians) and the English colonial settlers who pushed west and south from Plymouth and the surrounded area's treated these tribes like animals who simply needed to be moved in order to make way for progress.

Everyone knows what happens to the bear when it wanders into town and scares people.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-21-2009, 11:06 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Just read the history on the Cheyenne, Souix, Apache, Blackfoot, Comanche, and Pequot tribes. These were extremely violent tribes that were just as dangerous to their fellow Native Americans as they were to white settlers. Like the Mayans and Aztecs, the world is better off without these cultures.
is that what it is called? you can easily make an argument that europeans are by far the most violent people in history ... do you think "settling" and "colonizing" where done with peace and good nature? if you are calling 'natives' violent, what do you call forcing hundreds of thousands of people into boats and be your slaves?

seriously, sometimes the stuff you say is absolute crap
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
is that what it is called? you can easily make an argument that europeans are by far the most violent people in history ... do you think "settling" and "colonizing" where done with peace and good nature? if you are calling 'natives' violent, what do you call forcing hundreds of thousands of people into boats and be your slaves?

seriously, sometimes the stuff you say is absolute crap
To be fair their own people capture them we just bought them hhahaha
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-21-2009, 11:15 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
To be fair their own people capture them we just bought them hhahaha
well, they tried to catch them first, but weren't fast enough ... so they paid the fastest ones to catch them ... LOL .... if this was today, usain bolt would be even more rich than he is already
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-21-2009, 11:16 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
is that what it is called? you can easily make an argument that europeans are by far the most violent people in history ... do you think "settling" and "colonizing" where done with peace and good nature? if you are calling 'natives' violent, what do you call forcing hundreds of thousands of people into boats and be your slaves?

seriously, sometimes the stuff you say is absolute crap
Your making some illogical connections here. We're not even discussing slavery. That's a completely unrelated issue.

One simple question. If the white settlers/colonists/conquerors (whatever you feel like calling them) were so intent on enslaving anyone with dark skin, then why didn't we enslave the Native Americans? It would have been so much cheaper than paying to have slaves shipped all the way from Africa. So, why were the Native Americans NOT forced into slavery?

Do you think that maybe it has something to do with how the events are a little more complicated than the simple-minded (and racist) "all white people are evil" version of history?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-21-2009, 11:21 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Your making some illogical connections here. We're not even discussing slavery. That's a completely unrelated issue.

One simple question. If the white settlers/colonists/conquerors (whatever you feel like calling them) were so intent on enslaving anyone with dark skin, then why didn't we enslave the Native Americans? It would have been so much cheaper than paying to have slaves shipped all the way from Africa. So, why were the Native Americans NOT forced into slavery?

Do you think that maybe it has something to do with how the events are a little more complicated than the simple-minded (and racist) "all white people are evil" version of history?
No, you said it was good that some natives were wiped out ... i am saying that if you are talking about "violent" people, than you should also be saying that europeans fit into that category and should have been killed off too ... which is stupid of course ... natives may have been violent, but they did it in their own land and didn't seek to conquer the world
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-21-2009, 11:32 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
No, you said it was good that some natives were wiped out ... i am saying that if you are talking about "violent" people, than you should also be saying that europeans fit into that category and should have been killed off too ... which is stupid of course ... natives may have been violent, but they did it in their own land and didn't seek to conquer the world
So as long as dictator only murders his own people in his own country, then it's acceptable? So I guess that means that domestic violence and child abuse are okay as long as it only happens in the home of the abuser.

Seriously, though, I'm talking about tribes that regularly attacked neighboring tribes and raped, mutilated, tortured, and murdered with impunity. This was before the Europeans even arrived. I'm also talking about stuff like human sacrifices and cannibalism.

I'm talking about a level of violence that was far above anything the Europeans did.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.