Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-18-2009, 11:51 PM
bradwright

I'm a Canadian so there is really very little we need to worry about around here because as i'm sure you already know everybody likes us...and yes that includes mother nature as well.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I've said this before when this thread pops up..... if the sh1t ever hits the fan I'm packing up the family and headed to your house!!

I don't actually have your address but I'm pretty sure if I get to Shelbyville and ask if anyone know's where the world famous yote huntin, 'crete pourin, Pitbull shootin, car restorin, Tanerite using Mac lives.... they'll point the way..

And I remember the drill... approach slowly... hands up, palms forward.... with the wife in front!!!

LMAO . Yeah , when you hit shelbyville if you say " Hey , wheres Frederick's place at" If they dont send you here theyll send you to my uncle Johns , and youll be good there aswell , Or just flag over a sherrifs deputy car , most of em are out at my mom and dads anyways drinking coffee and seeing what my mom is fixing for lunch or desert ha ha ha.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Shelbyville is not exactly a prime terrorist target.

Have you seen the size of our water tower ????????? its taller than our courthouse. If thats not a target i dont know what is . \
Old 12-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Oddtodd76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Have you seen the size of our water tower ????????? its taller than our courthouse. If thats not a target i dont know what is . \
Yes! I did see a report from the pentagon that your water tower was on the hit list for terrorists! Guard it with your life!
Old 12-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Actually they would probably take out that earth-dam. I don't know how you guys would recover from that tragic loss of picnic tables and parking spaces.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:46 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Actually they would probably take out that earth-dam. I don't know how you guys would recover from that tragic loss of picnic tables and parking spaces.

you know whats ironic ? Right after 9-11 they went down there and stacked those boulders in places so they can completely close it off during high alerts and they dont have to worry anymore about someone driving a vehicle around the gate , now they have boulders lol.

Another thing about that damn , it is the ONLY earth damn ever built by the army corps of engineers ... that is still standing , the rest all failed.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:47 AM
Mac

ohh yeah .. Me and Becky went to town to get stuff to make Christmas candys with " Nate , buckeyes will be ready in a little bit lol"

and i thought of this thread , so i had to come back and post this...........

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Josh

I am a semi-survivealist/preparedness person. I don't have everything I need but I have most. The main thing I lack are skills that I am trying to aquire. You can only stockpile so much. To me it's more about being prepared to use what is there. Most preparedness people probably say farming would be the best skill to have. You can only hunt so much especially when there are tons of other people tryinh to kill the same animals.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:04 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I am a semi-survivealist/preparedness person. I don't have everything I need but I have most. The main thing I lack are skills that I am trying to aquire. You can only stockpile so much. To me it's more about being prepared to use what is there. Most preparedness people probably say farming would be the best skill to have. You can only hunt so much especially when there are tons of other people tryinh to kill the same animals.
actually i have given thought to that a bit . I thought what would be better , growing your food or shooting it ?

I honestly feel shooting it is your best path . If you take down one deer your family can live off of that for quite a while , but with a garden you will constantly be having to gaurd it and you will need something to eat untill it ripens. Im not sure where you live josh but the deer population in this area anyways is huge . And that doesnt include other game which granted is not so ubundant like rabbits , quail etc. But when it gets right down to the nitty gritty there is a huge abundance of coons and other things. Ive never ate a coon , but i do know folks who have and they have said it isnt bad at all . Then there is always fish . there is a creek right back in behind the house and a huge lake and river. All you need is a float boat and a generator/welder , dfire it up and drop the leads in the water and youll have enough fish for a year with 30 minutes worth of fishing.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
actually i have given thought to that a bit . I thought what would be better , growing your food or shooting it ?

I honestly feel shooting it is your best path . If you take down one deer your family can live off of that for quite a while , but with a garden you will constantly be having to gaurd it and you will need something to eat untill it ripens. Im not sure where you live josh but the deer population in this area anyways is huge . And that doesnt include other game which granted is not so ubundant like rabbits , quail etc. But when it gets right down to the nitty gritty there is a huge abundance of coons and other things. Ive never ate a coon , but i do know folks who have and they have said it isnt bad at all . Then there is always fish . there is a creek right back in behind the house and a huge lake and river. All you need is a float boat and a generator/welder , dfire it up and drop the leads in the water and youll have enough fish for a year with 30 minutes worth of fishing.
If I could find a good recipe for cooking squirrel, I'd be set.