Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-18-2009, 10:27 PM

Default How Prepared Are You For A Disaster?

How prepared are you for a disaster?

If your area was hit by a major natural disaster or terrorist event, would you be prepared with supplies and skills to make it through comfortably?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Miss Foxy

I am very unprepared in all ways. Physically, mentally, and spiritually.. I am working on all of em so please no one send me some stuff to my inbox about being a better Christian I know what I need to do and I am working on it daily...
Old 12-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Mac

Im not sure what to expect with a terrorist event . As for natural , there is plenty of food all around us , i just have to shoot it , and there is usually a deer or 2 in the freezer. our water comes from a well that has been there for 80 years in the back yard and has never ran dry , sure it is an electric pump but all i have to do is pop the lid and use a rope and a bucket if needed. My folks house is heated primarily with an indoor woodstove and they just live on the other side of the field so thats taken care of . The firearms and ammo is a given around here.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Im not sure what to expect with a terrorist event . As for natural , there is plenty of food all around us , i just have to shoot it , and there is usually a deer or 2 in the freezer. our water comes from a well that has been there for 80 years in the back yard and has never ran dry , sure it is an electric pump but all i have to do is pop the lid and use a rope and a bucket if needed. My folks house is heated primarily with an indoor woodstove and they just live on the other side of the field so thats taken care of . The firearms and ammo is a given around here.
Wow, looks like your good to go!!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:20 PM

Haven't got anything prepared..............

As ever I'll just play it by ear!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Oddtodd76

I am kinda on the survivalist side(not freaky psycho kind)
if something happens, i just gotta make it to my parents farm! That is the Alamo. It is a self sufficient farm.
beans, bullets, bandaids...Check!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddtodd76 View Post
beans, bullets, bandaids...Check!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Oddtodd76

Hey, my dad was a military man for 23 years, fire chief for Decatur, and now teaches fire/police,etc how to prepare for disasters...
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Im not sure what to expect with a terrorist event .
Shelbyville is not exactly a prime terrorist target.

Although I guess those of us in small rural towns would only really be in danger from fallout of large, nearby attacks. We'd really only have to worry about the wind carrying over radiation or chemical/biological agents. Stuff like that.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Chuck

Quote:
I've said this before when this thread pops up..... if the sh1t ever hits the fan I'm packing up the family and headed to your house!!

I don't actually have your address but I'm pretty sure if I get to Shelbyville and ask if anyone know's where the world famous yote huntin, 'crete pourin, Pitbull shootin, car restorin, Tanerite using Mac lives.... they'll point the way..

And I remember the drill... approach slowly... hands up, palms forward.... with the wife in front!!!